Gibson Brands Forums

New Year

pappy

My family will get together tomorrow at our favorite Italian restaurant and we celebrate the Day with a fantastic feast. Seems each year the number grows, we will have 29 at dinner tomorrow, all immediate family. And New Year's eve we have a number of the grandchildren spend the night and have a little celebration, shooting off fireworks and a little bubbly.

My family will get together tomorrow at our favorite Italian restaurant and we celebrate the Day with a fantastic feast. Seems each year the number grows, we will have 29 at dinner tomorrow, all immediate family. And New Year's eve we have a number of the grandchildren spend the night and have a little celebration, shooting off fireworks and a little bubbly.

Tonight I'll be at my old local back in my UK hometown. Most of my friends from the area will be there so it will be good to see those I've not had a chance to catch up with since being back for Christmas.

Nothing much tomorrow - I'll be packing my suitcases ready for Tuesday when I'm flying back to Barcelona. I'm having a dinner outing with some friends at a local curry house Monday evening.

We used to celebrate Christmas Eve with large groups of relatives on both sides. House was filled, lots of food and such but with people dying off that ended long ago it seems. Never do celabrate New Years Eve other then I stay up till midnight so I can answer the phone from mom and the sisters wishing me a Happy New Year. Guess I'm not a fan of wanting to get another year older and neither of us drink so we don't go out and get drunk. Once in a blue moon we both go downtown to watch the fireworks display and she asked me if I wanted to do that tonight. So our plans are to go grab a Pepper Jax sandwich which their giving one away for free and buy one and go watch them shoot them off but there will be crowds of people and little places to park. Just don't see the big celebration of a new year and another year older.

I'm going out on a date with my wife and then she's flying out early tomorrow morning to spend a week with her children in Colorado, leaving me to my own devices.

When I'm not at work or asleep I think I'll play the guitar and wait for warm weather to return.

We never celebrate New Years Eve and haven't for a while.

Unless they designate 10 pm as the new midnight we just can't stay awake that late!

Never was big on parties anyway and a nice BBQ outside last night was as close to celebrating as we get.

As I no longer drink watching intoxicated people is just plain annoying nowadays.

Took all the decorations down and packed them away today.

Not doing anything out of the ordinary tomorrow. Never have celebrated New Years, and this year my Christmas was sort of a 3 day event, so I am glad to continue the tradition of not having a tradition.

Don't mean to sound mean spirited, I do hope 2017 is a good year for everyone...

I always work New Year's Day (and most other holidays) so my employees with families can enjoy the day off. I wish none of us had to work, but that's not an option in my line of work. People do stupid things and stuff catches on fire 365 days a year, so I'll be on duty in case the big trucks with flashy lights are needed. [thumbdn]

New Year's Eve partying isn't one of my events. I drink so seldom these days that making the attempt would probably just make me ill. Also, the road is full of amateur drinkers who can't handle driving all that well and cops who make even us sober types nervous. If you added a few migrating deer, this would be a road-hazard complete night😱

Like so many of us it seems I had no plans for New Years eve. My Wife went to bed early and I watched Nashville on TV. I tried not to feel too sorry for myself as I have still not heard from my daughter over the holiday but that's life as the song goes.

We never celebrate New Years Eve and haven't for a while.

Unless they designate 10 pm as the new midnight we just can't stay awake that late!

Never was big on parties anyway and a nice BBQ outside last night was as close to celebrating as we get.

As I no longer drink watching intoxicated people is just plain annoying nowadays.

Well there's nothing worse than a drunk person around a sober person and sober person around a drunk person.😃

The last several years we babysat the grandkids, while their parents went out, but this year my wife and I had a date night. We got a hotel in the city and went to see La La Land at the cinema. A nice quiet dinner and then back to our room for a little champagne. Then a stroll outside to watch the fireworks at midnight.

Hope everyone has a safe and healthy New Year!

Me and the wife were in the hot tub last night and some guy was rattling off his new machine gun off in the distance.

What an Xmas present....

"Here you are dear, Happy Xmas".

I cannot quite get my head round giving/getting a machine gun for Xmas. #-o

Archived