Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Tman

I sold 2 guitars so I could justify this. I had a Goldtop a couple of years ago and sold it because it was just too heavy. I looked around and this one is 8.3 pounds. 2016 Standard T with burst bucker pros, coil splitting and the most important thing besides the pickups (pups [flapper] ) is the slim tapered 60's profile! I'll get some better photos soon. I am ecstatic. Been a tough month for us so I get to lose myself in this beauty! [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

IMG_6644_zpsgv5kii5f.jpg

IMG_6640_zpsenoutlpe.jpg

Oooh a gold top very nice!! Congratulations.

When I bought my Standard, I had to fight the image of having it bed with me at night...

LOL That's how I sopent last night. Wife didn't like it at first. [crying]

Much more better.

I think everyone needs a gold top.

Hmm, I don't have one...

Check out Long & McQuade Musical Instruments in Canada. With a 30% discount for us Yankees because of the Canadian exchange it's an incredible deal on new Les Paul Standards from 2016. Essentially $1900. They won't ship to the US but if you know anyone in Canada and they can ship it to you then viola!

Some folks poo poo the asymmetrical neck, but I love it. I'm glad they have kept the design on the Standard.

Completely agree. I played it last night. Perfect neck for me. I think I'll finally stop selling guitars and settle down with this one. Sounds incredible through my Sky King amp too.

Ray Wylie Hubbard said, "All I ever wanted was a Les Paul gold top guitar and a stripper girlfriend."

You're half way there Tman!!! [flapper]

Just kidding. I know you're a happily married man and don't need a stripper girlfriend.

A stripper girlfriend would hurt

Archived