Gibson Brands Forums

Henry Responds

Black Dog

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that's encouraging. Thanks for posting that. Gibson has been a part of my life for over 40 years - I can't envision them being gone until at the very least - long after I am. Go Gibson! [thumbup]

I've been meaning to say all along that I think it's appropriate that we remember who's house we are in here too.

Yes, thank you for that Digger.

In the thread title I referred to Mr. Juszkiewicz as "Henry". I did not mean any disrespect by that. I am a fan of Gibson and I am sometimes surprised by things I read here.

If they pull though I am going to take a day off work, make a large pot of coffee and set it by my desk at home and troll Gibson haters on Facebook.

Aren't they something? I'm a member of two Les Paul groups on Facebook and some of those trolls are something else. I hope they don't find their way here.

Aren't they something? I'm a member of two Les Paul groups on Facebook and some of those trolls are something else. I hope they don't find their way here.

Oh, the horror. Last night Gibson Custom posted a "made to measure" Les Paul o Facebook, and the first comment was "good luck selling that overpriced guitar". Of course that's a guitar that was ordered so it was sold before it was made! then you have to wonder why they subscribe to Gibson Custom on Facebook if they are going to complain about prices.

Or the guy complaining that his Les Paul Classic has a plastic nut and that he paid $2,500 for that guitar (used). First of all, Classics do not sell for that even new, they go for $1,400 on the used market (the guy is the USA). Second Corian is an excellent material and third nuts in the 50's were actually nylon.

Then you have the guy saying that since 1990 he's only played less than 5 good Gibsons, well, sounds like somebody is making excuses instead of music. Insane claim.

Then you have the guy saying that since 1990 he's only played less than 5 good Gibsons, well, sounds like somebody is making excuses instead of music. Insane claim.

Only 5? Maybe he doesn't get out much? :) I own 4 really good Gibsons and have played many, many more than that over the years. There was another guy posting about the quality of recent Gibsons, such as 2016 - 2018 and out of the 100 or so good comments, there were maybe 4 or 5 bad comments. Those were the ones who either couldn't afford a Gibson, play another brand or actually had a real issue. I had a minor issue with mine that got straightened out and they're now pretty close to perfect. No complaints here. I think one guy spouts off on the internet and the rest follow along behind him.

Anyway, I'm glad to know that they're getting it all worked out.

Then you have the guy saying that since 1990 he's only played less than 5 good Gibsons, well, sounds like somebody is making excuses instead of music.

That's rich. In the mid 90's on usenet it was frets that sliced your fingers and Les Pauls that weighed over 14 pounds. I was then and still am the luckiest guitar player ever because I've never run into all these problems.

"They'll sell guitars to anybody these days", that's all I've ever been able to counter that stuff with.

rct

That's pretty good.

"Epiphones are better" - yea, that's why pros and semi-pros play them right? pros have to get paid to play them on stage.

"Heritage Guitars are better" - oh yea?, let's see yours, oh, you don't own one. Who does? been to 100 shows in the last 3 years, have not seen one on stage.

"Fenders are much cheaper" oh yea? the new "Original" line averages $2,000 because they are painted in nitrocellulose lacquer, just like Gibsons are. Effectively Gibson USA is now cheaper than Fender USA.

"Heritage Guitars are better" - oh yea?, let's see yours, oh, you don't own one. Who does? been to 100 shows in the last 3 years, have not seen one on stage.

Rarely a touring pro using a Heritage. They didn't go well in this area, I don't know any guitar player that uses one, and I know a whole bunch directly and through our communal Luther.

Fretboards lift off of them and bridge post problems abound. I could have bought as many as I wanted for 65 - 70% of retail when Sunset Music went out of business around here. He couldn't give them away after 8 years of being a Heritage dealer, only one around here. None since he went under, and that's been a good 10 years probably.

rct

That's pretty good.

"Epiphones are better" - yea, that's why pros and semi-pros play them right? pros have to get paid to play them on stage.

"Fenders are much cheaper" oh yea? the new "Original" line averages $2,000 because they are painted in nitrocellulose lacquer, just like Gibsons are. Effectively Gibson USA is now cheaper than Fender USA.

yea.. all laughable.

Heritage hmp.. nothing there really. A great concept, "woa dudes, they make em just like the old Gibson guys at the same plant"...

but it's just a good concept for marketing,,, it is what it is.. I had a 575, she was a pretty guitar, (an ES175 basically). but the sucker would never intonate properly. Tried a few different mods to address, but what wound up fixing it for me, was TRADING it for something else. I will give credit where it is due tho.. they had a great customer service crew, at least when I was trying to get the 575 playing right.. but had to cut the looses and move on. I wound up with a ES135 that I put a Bigsby B7 [Hi Ron!!!] to replace the cheesy trapeze tail piece. Been awesome-sauce since..

opinions are like a--holes,, everyone has got one..

yea.. all laughable.

Heritage hmp.. nothing there really. A great concept, "woa dudes, they make em just like the old Gibson guys at the same plant"...

but it's just a good concept for marketing,,, it is what it is.. I had a 575, she was a pretty guitar, (an ES175 basically). but the sucker would never intonate properly. Tried a few different mods to address, but what wound up fixing it for me, was TRADING it for something else. I will give credit where it is due tho.. they had a great customer service crew, at least when I was trying to get the 575 playing right.. but had to cut the looses and move on. I wound up with a ES135 that I put a Bigsby B7 [Hi Ron!!!]

AAAAGHH MY EYES

Archived