Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

2 hours ago, Retired said:

I trimmed hedges and a way to tall vine bush. Ha to go up a 8 foot ladder and lean over to get it all. Not sick but beat. Both knees hurt and back. This place is starting to get too much for me. 

You know for every year over 60 you have to subtract 1ft off of the ladder you climb.

Edited by mihcmac

I'd double check on the guy that 'tested positive'  to make sure it was not:  A False Positive,  OR,  The Regular Flu.    If you know the guy, email him to find out if he has symptoms, why he got tested.  It's two weeks of your life - you need/deserve to know.  "trust but verify" !?    

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

I'd double check on the guy that 'tested positive'  to make sure it was not:  A False Positive,  OR,  The Regular Flu.    If you know the guy, email him to find out if he has symptoms, why he got tested.  It's two weeks of your life - you need/deserve to know.  "trust but verify" !?    

I am a NASA contactor and about 15 of us were at our building where the wind tunnel is to do a 5 - 6 week job, and a 8 week job. Tommorow was going to be the end of week 5 for both projects. I do know the guy and have worked with him for the last 3 years. Since I'm retired military I will call MacDonald hospital at Ft. Eustis and get tested tommorow. I have no symptoms. The guy who tested + had a runny nose on Monday and worked all day and I worked in the same room with him.

Our whole building is closed for a week or two now.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Sarge,

The only way to get through it is to buy a guitar.  

We know you can do it.  Maybe something you plug into an amplifier like a nice Stratocaster with a whammy bar?

I have owned 4 in my lifetime. I just got a guitar a few weeks back. I'm just a gobment contractor not a well paid civil servant like yourself.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2020 at 9:31 PM, mihcmac said:

You know for every year over 60 you have to subtract 1ft off of the ladder you climb.

Is that right? Haha, Deb doesn't like me up there these days but, Who else? I tried getting that bush cut down as much as I could. It's the roofs that are getting a little shaky these days. 

Jumped in the Saturn to head to the lake for a walk with Sundance early this morning. Plans got changed to a dead battery.  Dead as a doornail.  Then someone in the past changed nuts on the battery post clamp.  Bet they dropped the original and couldn't find it?  Sound like something Firestone would do?  I had a bear of a time trying to get that one loose. 

18 minutes ago, Retired said:

Is that right? Haha, Deb doesn't like me up there these days but, Who else? I tried getting that bush cut down as much as I could. It's the roofs that are getting a little shaky these days. 

At 70 I don't go on the roof anymore..

6 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

At 70 I don't go on the roof anymore..

Are you 70? My gosh, I thought you were a young weed hopper. Lol. Yeah, still in your 20's for some reason.  Well, if it makes you feel any better, I feel like I aged at least 10 years after I went through that brain tumor cancer 32 years ago.  Add 10 yers to 67 and I feel like 77.  I was written off to survive as doctors said I would be dead within  2 days. So I became their first experiment with a whole new set of chemo drugs. They hit me up pretty heavy with everything they had including taking out a ton of bone marrow. But I didn't think I would survive intensive care. That was hell.

13 hours ago, Retired said:

Are you 70? My gosh, I thought you were a young weed hopper. Lol. Yeah, still in your 20's for some reason.  Well, if it makes you feel any better, I feel like I aged at least 10 years after I went through that brain tumor cancer 32 years ago.  Add 10 yers to 67 and I feel like 77.  I was written off to survive as doctors said I would be dead within  2 days. So I became their first experiment with a whole new set of chemo drugs. They hit me up pretty heavy with everything they had including taking out a ton of bone marrow. But I didn't think I would survive intensive care. That was hell.

I'm glad you are here, but stay off of those ladders.,

My 339 is in Anaheim...

Edited by mihcmac