Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

1 hour ago, uncle fester said:

Changed the oil on my snowblower, getting ready for winter.  Started it up, ran it for a couple minutes -engine seized and blew a couple big chunks of metal out the side.  Oooof - working on plan B for snow removal this year.

Wtf time for a new one.

3 hours ago, uncle fester said:

Changed the oil on my snowblower, getting ready for winter.  Started it up, ran it for a couple minutes -engine seized and blew a couple big chunks of metal out the side.  Oooof - working on plan B for snow removal this year.

Did you remember to put oil back in after you drained it?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

9 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

One time I changed my oil, and it ran fine,, something happened after the fact and the oil drain attachment snapped off..  I didn't realize it,, till I started the engine.

Woa Nelly!!!  Lucky for me it was a real old Toro that  my dad gave me which was on it's last legs anyway..  DOH!!!!!!!!!!!

18 hours ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Wtf time for a new one.

No kidding, huh ?!?

16 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Yep.

16 hours ago, kidblast said:

One time I changed my oil, and it ran fine,, something happened after the fact and the oil drain attachment snapped off..  I didn't realize it,, till I started the engine.

Woa Nelly!!!  Lucky for me it was a real old Toro that  my dad gave me which was on it's last legs anyway..  DOH!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got a few of those 'old' things from my father....  my lawn tractor which I also use for snow blowing is from my father and 45+yrs old.  It started 2 weeks ago when I changed it's oil, but it wouldn't start his weekend.  Time to figure this one out.  It doesn't always work (hence the other snowblower - but when it does, it is the bomb).  Being down to one iffy piece of equipment doesn't have me excited.

2 hours ago, uncle fester said:

No kidding, huh ?!?

Yep.

I've got a few of those 'old' things from my father....  my lawn tractor which I also use for snow blowing is from my father and 45+yrs old.  It started 2 weeks ago when I changed it's oil, but it wouldn't start his weekend.  Time to figure this one out.  It doesn't always work (hence the other snowblower - but when it does, it is the bomb).  Being down to one iffy piece of equipment doesn't have me excited.

don't worry Unc,  we wont get any snow............  said no one from New England ever..

53 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Got my wife's Prius a State Inspection. Here you go Virginia here's my $20 you had a guy look at the car and put a sticker on the window.👍

it's $35 here in Tax-a-chusettes

Edited by kidblast

On 10/20/2020 at 8:26 AM, kidblast said:

don't worry Unc,  we wont get any snow............  said no one from New England ever..

There talking snow here this Sunday.  Guess I better get the snow blower started up.  I was up on the roofs cleaning today. 

Went to Patterson NY and back today. Our shop is looking to purchase a new CNC Mill, so the owner and I went up with the sales rep to check out the plant where they are assembled. During the tour we saw a mill being assembled for Martin Guitars among others. Pretty cool trip.  

Worked all day and the wife's away for a 3 day weekend.  

Life is good!

I'm taking care of a miniature poodle puppy and the place looks like the aftermath of an orgy: he's dragged her underwear all over the house and there's chewed on plastic water bottles and all kinds of junk all over the house.  Everybody has to have a hobby, I guess.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Worked all day and the wife's away for a 3 day weekend.  

Life is good!

I'm taking care of a miniature poodle puppy and the place looks like the aftermath of an orgy: he's dragged her underwear all over the house and there's chewed on plastic water bottles and all kinds of junk all over the house.  Everybody has to have a hobby, I guess.

Hahaha, Been there mate.  Bandit was my last Doberman Pinscher and he was a Champion show dog. He used to eat all Deb's pannies and nylons on a daily bases. She would get so mad at him. He was a stud dog, He had puppies from California to Florida. So I used to tell her, PICK THEM UP, Then. if you don't want them eaten.  Like work would tell us, (Be aware of your surroundings.)

Woke up late, worked, fed snakes, worked some more, watched football through my eyelids, got bit by the puppy who was roughhousing.

Been over a year since my heart attack so finally getting my bloodwork done tomorrow.  I know they have me pumped full of too much thinner, still bleeding hours later from the dog bite.  Conked the little guy out by giving him some turkey, that settled him down.

Wife is back from all gurlz weekend.  She fainted in a restaurant so something is not good.