Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

24 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Nice. I am going to make Corned Beef and Cabbage next week when I see my wife. That is her favorite. I'm gonna drink some Guinness or Murphy's Irish Stout when I make it. 

My favorite too.  Don't forget to throw in some Irish Apples !   (Spuds)

Edited by fortyearspickn

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

Was being courted to fly over to interview for a position on The Big Island.  Pay was going to be comparable to avg. US pay for the position.  The was when the internet was just starting up. It was unscientifically proven  that the best gauge of how the Cost of Living varied location to location was the price of a Big Mac.  I found what you did.  Told the CFO I couldn't afford the pay cut.  His response "But you'll get to live in a vacation paradise."    I figured I didn't want to work for someone whose thought processes were so flawed, even if the pay were fair.

Hope you get to go.   I've heard Kaua'i  (The Garden Isle - population 65,000) truly is a paradise.  

We won't be able to go till our Doberman passes away. No one to take care of him here and since I retired he is totally my shadow. I can't go out to work in the yard without him crying and running from window to window to see where I'm at Deb tells me. We are Buds. We just did our 41st Anniversary last year. Maybe our 45th one we can go?  I'd really like to see them all though. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 7:51 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Nice. I am going to make Corned Beef and Cabbage next week when I see my wife. That is her favorite. I'm gonna drink some Guinness or Murphy's Irish Stout when I make it. 

I love corned beef and cabbage, but I'm not much in the kitchen.  My daughter and son-in-law and grandkids had corned beef and cabbage yesterday, but they're over 400 miles away.  My daughter is going to hook me up with a recipe and tells me that she is sure that I can handle it.

I don't have a problem lifting the cap off a Guinness.

8 hours ago, Mr. Natural said:

I love corned beef and cabbage, but I'm not much in the kitchen.  My daughter and son-in-law and grandkids had corned beef and cabbage yesterday, but they're over 400 miles away.  My daughter is going to hook me up with a recipe and tells me that she is sure that I can handle it.

I don't have a problem lifting the cap off a Guinness.

If you can boil water you can make corned beef and cabbage.

2 hours ago, mihcmac said:

Helped my fair maidens mom get a new car today, it was very trying... 😳

Car shopping can be very draining. Especially when you do all that paperwork. Gosh, It's like you're signing your life away. 

I went with Deb for an errand run and sat in the car waiting for her to come back out. Went home to eat lunch and took Sundance for a neighborhood walk, it was so lovely out. Beautiful day. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Retired said:

Car shopping can be very draining. Especially when you do all that paperwork. Gosh, It's like you're signing your life away. 

We got her a low milage 2014 Nissan Versa for cash to buzz around in. Not as painful as. going to a dealer..

Edited by mihcmac
  • Haha 1

A gorgeous day out but too windy this morning,  Deb went to her friends house and they both worked on quilts so I stayed home and now have 5 guitars done with a complete setup.  They all sound great, better than new with Earnie Ball Slinky M-Steels 10-46 strings. Then I spent most of the day playing them all till my fingers were a bit sore. The Gretsch sounds so close to the Jaguar and better than ever. I may give the Jag to the first Grandkid that learns how to play. I put a Mustang bridge on it and that works better than ever. 

1 hour ago, Retired said:

Looks like rain every day this week. That spoiled my plans of anything outside. We have Reagan today & tomorrow and Thursday to entertain us. Other than that, I may finish the painting I'm doing for Deb. 

So, what kind of painting is it?  A portrait, landscape,  or some kind of still life?  [wink]

Whitefang

FINALLY got the 2019 Firebird's neck adjusted right, what a production.

It had a weird bow up by the nut which  I could NOT get rid of and I was winding up with the G and B strings up high and the high E string wouldn't intonate right and ach.

It took a good two weeks of futzing around but I finally got it to settle down and now it plays like a normal guitar.

On 3/22/2021 at 10:24 AM, Whitefang said:

So, what kind of painting is it?  A portrait, landscape,  or some kind of still life?  [wink]

Whitefang

She found a photo of our farm that was owned by her Grandmothers parents before she was born in the 1800's.  It was a homestead house first.  In 1900  some guys came up there and helped them build the house,  the barn, granary  & the rest of the buildings. Hog house, chicken house, garage, ect.   They took a photo of it when it was completed and there were  2 horses and a wagon in front. She doesn't want me to do the horses and wagon  which I was going to do. It really does add to the interest.  So I have the sky and buildings done and the windmill so far.  I'm doing it just like the old photo but in color.  All the buildings were painted red she told me with white trim, except the house, it was grey with burgundy trim. Anyway, She wants to hang it in the new kitchen to add color in it which is grey with white trim and cabinets. 

19 minutes ago, Retired said:

She found a photo of our farm that was owned by her Grandmothers parents before she was born in the 1800's.  It was a homestead house first.  In 1900  some guys came up there and helped them build the house,  the barn, granary  & the rest of the buildings. Hog house, chicken house, garage, ect.   They took a photo of it when it was completed and there were  2 horses and a wagon in front. She doesn't want me to do the horses and wagon  which I was going to do. It really does add to the interest.  So I have the sky and buildings done and the windmill so far.  I'm doing it just like the old photo but in color.  All the buildings were painted red she told me with white trim, except the house, it was grey with burgundy trim. Anyway, She wants to hang it in the new kitchen to add color in it which is grey with white trim and cabinets. 

Forgot to add, it was our farm in South Dakota after Deb's grandmother passed away, and I painted that house 3 or 4 times in the past. It is all gone and tore done now with it sold about 3 years ago.  I did art all the way through school and won a scholarship in art. Used to paint and draw for the guys at BN all the time. Then quit when I retired. 

11 hours ago, Retired said:

Forgot to add, it was our farm in South Dakota after Deb's grandmother passed away, and I painted that house 3 or 4 times in the past. It is all gone and tore done now with it sold about 3 years ago.  I did art all the way through school and won a scholarship in art. Used to paint and draw for the guys at BN all the time. Then quit when I retired. 

Wow.  Retirement is usually when people ramp up that sort of thing.  you know.....

More time for it and all.   [wink]

Whitefang