Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

Me too.  4 years ago.  Really small incision.  You won’t miss it.  
I’m not sure people even have appendixes and it’s not just a  scam for doctors to make money.   

I still have mine. My tonsils, everything is still on board. 

Our Daughter and Son-in-law are in the Dominican Republic for a holiday, and we moved into their home last Saturday to look after their two kids and the dog, as well as running home every other day to tend to our three cats,

Pretty busy week which will thankfully end tomorrow evening when they return, as my reservoir of Grandfathering,  by coincidence, is getting critically low.

RBSinTo

Edited by RBSinTo

Today -  I'm in a 'focus group' to discuss Minor League Baseball for some consultants to either MiLB or our local team.  

RBS -  We went to The Dominican  once for a week.  North shore.  Cabarete.  Loved it.  Flew in around midnight our 'taxi' broke down in the middle of the mountains in the middle of nowhere.  Went to return a couple of years later and American cancelled our tickets in Miami because we didn't check in a half hour early.  

Final day of week of looking after two Grandchildren and dog, (and not a minute too soon).

One more hockey game to take our Grandson to and get him ready.

Also, it snowed again last night, so after breakfast, I'll go out and re-shovel our walkways and the sidewalk in front of the house, as well as those for the elderly couple (the Lovely Missus RBSinTo thinks they are younger than we are but definitely in poorer health) next door.

RBSinTo

• Like 1

Good on you.   A small price to pay for the blessings of having much better health than others.    We did that for an elderly neighbor who lived alone, when we lived in Massachusetts.  When we first met her, the first thing she said was  "Are you Polish?"   We were taken back. Later found the river mill town had basically 3 ethnicities - French, Polish and Portuguese.    We were thankful she didn't think we were French.  

Had my annual checkup this past Tuesday.  PCP said   "You look great for someone 75."   I'm only 74.     Time to find a new Primary Care Physician. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Had my annual checkup this past Tuesday.  PCP said   "You look great for someone 75."   I'm only 74.     Time to find a new Primary Care Physician. 

Yeah I’ve ran into some PCPs that I could only imagine how they got the job. Had to search around for a PCP that actually knows how to get you to the doctor to fix your ailment. 

Had a dentist I really liked then he retired. The new dentist there I ended up talking to after a cleaning and he was talking about how my teeth look “decent”. Then he continued to say that any dental needs he’d be happy to help. Yup last time I showed up there… some foreign dentist too from an Arabic country which I’m not too fond of them types. Until you’ve lived with them for decades such as in Dearborn, you won’t understand what it’s like being white in a saturated Arabic city. I won’t let an Arabic dentist anywhere near my teeth lol! I’d rather treat myself with crude tools. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Good on you.   A small price to pay for the blessings of having much better health than others.    We did that for an elderly neighbor who lived alone, when we lived in Massachusetts.  When we first met her, the first thing she said was  "Are you Polish?"   We were taken back. Later found the river mill town had basically 3 ethnicities - French, Polish and Portuguese.    We were thankful she didn't think we were French.  

fyp.,

An extra 20 minutes out of my life. No big deal. 

My doctor told me I'm ugly for anyone of any age, so at least my physical health is stable.

RBSinTo

Edited by RBSinTo
  • Haha 1

When I catch a glance of myself while walking past a mirror, I get startled to see my dad, fortunately for me I never thought of him as ugly.

This my first time in a band with a powerful female vocalist that has the range do Etta or Janice or Grace, to name a few. I had "remember, what the doormouse said, feed your head, feed your head" then somehow it morphs into " just like a white wing dove, sings a song sounds like she's sing'n, who baby who baby who", these were stuck in my head last night. This morning its her singing Barracuda and Hit me with your best shot, then drifts into the previous ones, I'm being haunted.

Good price on Amplitube Slash if you want the two signature amps for your DAW or as a standalone prog. You're gonna want to buy one or two digital pedals to make the most of it though - get the Tubescreamer clone, it's like ten bucks. 

Bear in mind that if you don't have Amplitube already, you're not going to be able to use all the presets. You're basically getting two amps and a few pedals and no more. But the price is good and it's lots of fun. 

My next door neighbor is coming over later, and him and my brother are getting a few chromosomes removed, and will be watching the Daytona 500. We are grilling burgers and snacking on chips and dip and salsa. As soon as I eat my burger and drink a few beers I'm gonna be off to the Man Cave and play a guitar or two and listen to music. 

I love the question who's yer driver? My answer is myself.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Got home last night (actually early this Sunday morning) from looking after two of our Grandchildren for a week while our Daughter and Son-in-law had a holiday.

Today got up and my wife and I are spending the day looking after my 99 year-old Mother.

We arrive, I drive her live-in caregiver to Church, do whatever shopping she has requested on the way back, and we stay until she returns in the afternoon.

We share alternate Sundays with one of my sisters, while the other sister visits on Thursdays. 

But tonight I'm back on the ice at 9:00, so that will be my respite from the last eight days.

RBSinTo