Gibson Brands Forums

What's your favorite charity?

Mr. Gibson

19 minutes ago, Digger said:

Lort Smith Animal Home in Melbourne. The “Lort” isn’t a misspelling.

They are an organisation of volunteer vets that provide free care for poor people with pets.

Hey Rob, is that care for the poor people, or for their pet? Or both?

That sounds like a great organization. I  contribute to the local SPCA (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals)

And nice to see you around my friend!\:D/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brad1 said:

Hey Rob, is that care for the poor people, or for their pet? Or both?

That sounds like a great organization. I  contribute to the local SPCA (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals)

And nice to see you around my friend!\:D/

Thanks mate, I drop in on certain things thanks Brad. To answer you question, no it’s just their animals mate.

Our RSPCA is a similar organisation to your SPCA I think Brad  and they also do a great job.

• Like 1

We have 12 or so volunteers working here today from “samaritan’s Purse”. (Billy Graham) They have done so much for us that they are an outstanding example of a religious group putting their efforts on the ground where it matters. We have had countless people here saying they will help, but as yet their words are empty.

Going now after many hours of great work and transforming the devastation that was here into something that looks more normal. Fabulous effort from people from all over the world!

England, USA, Canada and locals both interstate and nearby.

I’d be proud to call any one of them friend!

This is an organisation we will support!

• Like 2

My customers are my charity, lol.  I've volunteered for Habitat for Humanity, the VFW, some trail-building groups, some horse people, the local fire department, some other people.  It used to be that if any charity called me for engineering work, I'd do it for free.  I've forgiven a few bills here and there for indigent people.  I had some people die who owed me money.  I guess that's charity, lol.