Gibson Brands Forums

Almost NGD

generaldreedle

This is the one that suffered the Humidipak damage? I'd been curious about that one since seeing it offered back in Dec. The area affected, lower back and side, is not in an area that anyone, including the player, would even notice while playing. Other than that, looks to be in excellent condition, and would be a great, and economical way to experience a modern Nick Lucas guitar. Didn't pursue it, as current events has had a silver lining in reduction of personal g.a.s. levels.

DaveF here on the forum has a Nick in rosewood, and has commented on the full sound the deeper body gives to the guitar. Happy pre-ngd. . . We'll be awaiting pics, and a non-Greg, real world clip would always be appreciated 😐

• Like 1

18 hours ago, generaldreedle said:

It's getting delivered Tuesday.  Got it used, here's the video of it.

Looks killer. I have never like that style pickguard. I think solid black would do it more justice. That is must me. I am not a fan of tortoise shell guards either. Although 3 of my 4 acoustics have them. 

I've found the tiger stripe p/g  grows on you. I wouldn't change the one I have on my J45 for anything. 

Congrats  General - that is one big, fat keeper in the making. Play it like it's rented !!  

Edited by fortyearspickn

Congrats or a soon to be congrats.  True story.  In 1928 when Hurt showed up for his first recordings session the engineer felt Hurt's "Black Annie" guitar was not good enough to use so they supplied him with one that was in the studio.   He ended up with a 1930s Martin OM Stefan Grossman gave him.  The only Gibson I know of that Hurt played was a J45 which had been refinished  with moon inlay added to the fingerboard.  

While I have the ears of the NL fan club, has Bozeman ever re-issued a 13 fret NL?   I do not know if it was by design or luck but Gibson seems to have found the sweet spot on the top for the bridge placement with the 13 fret versions.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, generaldreedle said:

Ok, it's delivered, and it's fantastic.  I'm going to put some Gibson Masterbuilt 80/20 lights on it unless people have other suggestions?

Nice.  Now it's a NGD. If those are your strings rock em.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

9 hours ago, generaldreedle said:

Ok, it's delivered, and it's fantastic.  I'm going to put some Gibson Masterbuilt 80/20 lights on it unless people have other suggestions?

I thought Gibson quit getting those built and had gone to a coated string, but Sweetwater still has some in stock. They were built by GHS, so I've simply switched to GHS strings.

I, too, prefer 80/20's.

Sweet guitar, best of luck!

Edited by Murph