Gibson Brands Forums

Covid19 How many in your state or country?

Mr. Gibson

37 minutes ago, jvi said:

"  how many deaths will it take till we see

that too many people have died?

the answer my friend

is blowin in the wind "  thanks BD... I am still wonderin...

Yes, and how many years can some people exist
Before they're allowed to be free?
Yes, and how many times can a man turn his head
And pretend that he just doesn't see?
The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind.

Maybe Bob was singing about Lockdowns and not Pandemics?  

17 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Yes, and how many years can some people exist
Before they're allowed to be free?
Yes, and how many times can a man turn his head
And pretend that he just doesn't see?
The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind.

Maybe Bob was singing about Lockdowns and not Pandemics?  

NOT-   maybe just the human state of affairs unchanging

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Seeing a spike in California and Pennsylvania deaths (see graphs): 

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/coronavirus-deaths-united-states-each-day-2020-n1177936

You keep going for the shiny object.  Spikes don't matter, trends matter.  Spikes can be caused by all kinds of things.  Also, since deaths are a lagging indicator those deaths came from infections that started weeks ago.  Also, both of those states have shelter in place orders.  Are they working?  Blanket shelter in place orders have never been done for something like this.  It's not proven science.  The science is quarantine the sick and protect the vulnerable.  The problem is that since there are so many asymptomatic and minimally symptomatic people you can't really quarantine them all because you don't know who they are and there are too many of them.  Then, If you make everyone stay home, now you are clustering people inside small spaces where it is the ideal situation to spread the virus.  I just don't see any of it working very well.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Seeing a spike in California and Pennsylvania deaths (see graphs): 

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/coronavirus-deaths-united-states-each-day-2020-n1177936

Your comment above  quotes me from an hour ago...  but is blank..  So, I'm not sure what point I made your comment is in reference to.  Additionally... 

You then add a single sentence - that there is a spike in CA and PA deaths.     With a  link.     You may recall, having read a lot - that Single day spikes  occurred at one point in this past week or so because the PA State Health Director wen back an re-classified deaths originally classified as Not CV  - and decided they 'probably were CV'  and added them in (around 500 in a single day.  Backlash forced her to remove half of them. 

Other than that - I Have To Ask -    "What is your point?"    You include an article that is a running complication of daily deaths graphed in red by state.  But other than that raw data, and you casual observation that two of the states spiked -  are you trying to tell us anything?   Complicated discussions can't be moved forward with a blank quote, a single sentence and a link to raw data.  

My casual observation -   "Only CA and PA spiked."    See - Cherry Picking works both ways.    

24 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Yep.  As frustrating for us now as it was 50 years ago.  🙂 

too many of these old songs are still relevant, and still great and at 65 Im still listening and hoping--cant kill hope luckily   -be safe folks  live long and prosper   jim

17 minutes ago, jvi said:

too many of these old songs are still relevant, and still great and at 65 Im still listening and hoping--cant kill hope luckily   -be safe folks  live long and prosper   jim

jim,   Yeah.  Technology, Education, Culture, Health, even Religion -  everything changes except human behavior.   Peace, Out.  Jim

• Thanks 1

Supermarkets and hardware have had huge quarters here as people did some 'panic buying' initially and eating at home and doing projects round the house more generally over the past month. Those supplying both have been running factories full tilt. Some online businesses and couriers would also have been busy I'd think. Hardly compares with collapse in trave, tourism, tertiary education, building etc, but yes some businesses have seen a big quarter.

Over the past 3 months Australia has seen 93 CV19 deaths (mainly nursing home/cruise ship/international travel related) and we still have 28 in ICU.  Restrictions (which weren't terribly severe) being lifted to some degree now, so the next month will be a good indicator of how we are going on the road to new normal.

We're still rising, of course.  Up 13 cases in my county since yesterday, up 16 in the county where I work, up 2418 for the state.

It was a nice afternoon so after work I took all of the bikes out for a short spin to keep the juices flowing.  I figure as long as I don't crash and wear a full face helmet with an Apple Warmer attached it should be okay.  That's a piece which attaches to the base of the helmet and tucks into the jacket.  

Like the rest of the planet I'll be so glad to put this behind me but it's going to be a while.

Wow, Nebraska shot up the last time I checked. Still not nearly as bad as most States. Our State has 5,333 cases as of May 2nd with 76 deaths.  The 2 worst counties are Hall, and 

Douglas where we live. Douglas has 825 cases with 16 deaths. Hall had 1,160 cases with 28 deaths. 

21176 total,

1265 dead,

13386 recovered.

These are reported figures which is bollix.

They ignored the nursing homes, others and are only now starting to include them.

Like everything else, the Irish have to do a pandemic....... arseways.

Edited by Mutha

14 hours ago, Lord Summerisle said:

You're in the casket manufacturing industry?

Agriculture. You know. About 40 % of the land in the U.S.A. 

Farmers are planting, equipment is selling, people are working. There is no lockdown in agriculture.

It's essential...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lord Summerisle said:

That's not very nice...

And neither was your comment about caskets.  And that's not the only one you've made like that.   Some people like to dish it out, but they can't take it.  People have said really nasty things to me and others here and when we fight back you cry foul.  Toughen up.

9 minutes ago, Lord Summerisle said:

Wtf is that mindless gibberish?

That is just typical of the conservative response. If you think there is something terribly wrong and desperately needs  fixing under a Republican administration, you're a quivering jellyfish with your marbles in your socks who needs gently talking down from the window ledge.

Oh, sorry, I thought you were looking for a safe space.  I agree it's mindless gibberish, but it ain't my mindless gibberish.  

4 minutes ago, Lord Summerisle said:

And I severely doubt, as a physician, you're squeamish about caskets. You've probably seen thousands of instances where it didn't work out on the operating table, and that was the next destination for the rapidly stiffening remains left sitting in front of you. Such is life. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, nothingness to nothingness. 

I'm not squeamish about much of anything.  I'm not offended by caskets.  I'm just pointing out that you are trying to be offensive whether you want to admit it or not.  You do it all the time.