Gibson Brands Forums

Lack of Respect .

JOMcKJr.

Is your Picture Alfred Lord Gordon . And Now I know what this site is a way to drive me from Gibson products forever. Do you post from the break room in Nashville?

Eff... Grammarly  I am a Disabled veteran looking for a Gibson Standard. Personal  opinion  My Punktuation?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I haven't been to the break room in Nashville. 
Never been to the Gibson factory or home offices either. 
Nor Opryland or any of those tourist joints there. 

I do like visiting and staying near Broadway in Nashville. 
That's where the old honky-tonks are, and where Gruhn's Guitars used to be. 

I have been known to stay at The Hermitage, a 100 year old four-star hotel, just a couple of blocks northwest of The Ryman Auditorium. 

I'm a Veteran as well, JOMcKJr.
Not disabled really, but I am a bit stiff in the joints lately. 

Glad and grateful to find myself upright and ambulatory every morning. 
Switching from whiskey to Lite Beer a few years ago seems to help. 
🙂

rNssJtu.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JOMcKJr. said:

Is your Picture Alfred Lord Gordon . And Now I know what this site is a way to drive me from Gibson products forever. Do you post from the break room in Nashville?

Eff... Grammarly  I am a Disabled veteran looking for a Gibson Standard. Personal  opinion  My Punktuation?

We had to read a book by William Faulkner in some literature course one time.  It was kind of like this.  All I wanted to do was get through school and then... boom...  

23 minutes ago, badbluesplayer said:

We had to read a book by William Faulkner in some literature course one time.  It was kind of like this.  All I wanted to do was get through school and then... boom...  

Yeah.   A Light In August.    Maybe I'd appreciate it now.   I sure didn't when I was 17.   Worse -    ee cummings poetry.    Shear Torture.   

• Haha 1

I have a good friend who is retired Army. 

He's a great guy with a big heart, but he's got dyslexia. 
Types, writes, and posts a whole lot like the OP. 

Keep on posting, JOMcKJr. 
I understand you, even if the others here find your prose to be perplexing and nonsensical. 

🙂

• Like 1

Not knowing who Alfred Lord Gordon is, or was, I'm at a loss as to the OP's intent.    He(or she?) doesn't state where they're from, which has been a peeve of mine here.  Too many lack either the maturity, esteem or courage to let the rest of us know their point of origin.  Or they try to be cute and list, "It's good to be anywhere",  "Flat Earth" or something non specific.  But that's just me venting on something that's not really all that important.  To some, anyway.  [wink]

Whitefang

32 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Not knowing who Alfred Lord Gordon is, or was, I'm at a loss as to the OP's intent.    He(or she?) doesn't state where they're from, which has been a peeve of mine here.  Too many lack either the maturity, esteem or courage to let the rest of us know their point of origin.  Or they try to be cute and list, "It's good to be anywhere",  "Flat Earth" or something non specific.  But that's just me venting on something that's not really all that important.  To some, anyway.  [wink]

Whitefang

By The Dena, I mean Pasadena Maryland. 😎

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JOMcKJr. said:

I'm a vet as well. I never was a Sgt. I just play one on the forum. I'm a retired Senior Chief. I did 23 years in two different branches, Navy and Coast Guard. I'm at 20% disability. Who is this Alfred Lord Gordon guy? My advice is get a Martin. I'm on my futon in my Man-Cave at home. I did walk by the Gibson store when they were still in Memphis. That is as close as I got to the breakroom. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 3

JOMcKJr thank you for your service.  There are a lot of Vets in here including me, I would advise not taking things said in here too seriously. The forum has been a great place for people to blow off steam, specially the frustrations of dealing with COVID and musicians not being able to perform out side of safe boxes.

Note that a large number of players in here do not have Gibsons, including me, most of mine are Epiphones.

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mihcmac said:

... There are a lot of Vets in here including me, I would advise not taking things said in here too seriously ... Note that a large number of players in here do not have Gibsons, including me, most of mine are Epiphones.

Yes, another vet here too (ex-nuke sub officer).  And for some forum members with Gibsons, often the number of Gibsons one has are overshadowed by a much larger number of non-Gibsons due to the price disparity.  At least that is certainly my situation.

180316-N-N0901-007.JPG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Whitefang

It would not be a lie for anyone living in S.E. Michigan or N.W. Ohio to list their location as “Flat Earth”.😂

Edited by gdecant1

6 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Whitefang

Well I think it is nice to be anywhere thankyou (and btw as I have noted in many previous posts I am in the UK as well as cyberspace simultaneously).

And I'm still stunningly cute too.  O:)

Edited by jdgm
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, saturn said:

Seriously. Does this thread have an actual topic? 

Apparently the original poster is looking for a Gibson j-45 standard guitar.

Beyond that, I'm not sure exactly what he wants from the Assembled Multitudes one this site.

RBSinTo

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gdecant1 said:

It would not be a lie for anyone living in S.E. Michigan or N.W. Ohio to list their location as “Flat Earth”.😂

After having driven through Indiana and most of Texas, I'd say that's a bit inaccurate.  [wink]  

And I wonder at the why of the OP mentioning he(or she) was a veteran made the OP feel it had any relevant significance.  The only real significance on these boards is the respect for and ownership of Gibson products.   Now, some might say I should stick to just the Epiphone forum since it's what I own.  But face it, Epiphones ARE a Gibson product.  [cool]

Whitefang

• Like 1