Gibson Brands Forums

New Flamed top Lucille Legacy

Rabs

• Rabs changed the title to New Flamed top Lucille Legacy
11 minutes ago, kidblast said:

looks like a nice axe but.. 8k???...  really who figures these prices out???

I think they have a dart board with prices on it. That’s what he hit for this one.

Just like in that Who song - meet the new boss , same as the old boss.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 minute ago, Rabs said:

Says 7k on the page..  Still a lot though..  Even though it is very nice

https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Guitar/CUSAHS633/B-B-King-Lucille-Legacy/Transparent-Ebony

in these times, for many people,, $6,999 ???

I guess this is why so many ppl just hate Gibson...  they'd love to have this, but they can't afford it...

I could afford it, but I will not be able to justify it.  have to draw a line some where.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, kidblast said:

I guess this is why so many ppl just hate Gibson...  they'd love to have this, but they can't afford it...

I could afford it, but I will not be able to justify it.  have to draw a line some where.

You said it. Dumped all mine when King H was outed and never looked back. Its nice to be rich and CEO. These are not made for guitar players who need them just guitar player who lust  for them. It’s only gonna get worst as if it already hasn’t.

Dont worry none are for sale Jim Irsay bought them all.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Just saw this got released form my favorite guitar company, Yeah Chris you can keep those all to yourself.

https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/modern-deluxe-series/D-45-Modern-Deluxe.html?cgid=md-series-guitars

And this below, just no on all levels.

https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/new-models/11SC13ESPECIALBURST-01.html?dwvar_11SC13ESPECIALBURST-01_color=burst&cgid=new-guitars

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

50 minutes ago, kidblast said:

I saw that on my mail today, although I never looked up the price.  Yeah, I could afford it also but that price is ridiculous to me, They can just keep it. If I wanted a Lucille?  I'll go get one from Epiphone, Cheaper and hardly any difference in tone. 

Well I think it looks very nice.   They are superb guitars.

But expensive.  On sale in the UK for over £6k.

Sgt used to have a red one.   I wish I'd found one when they were comparatively cheap.

But the Epi version should be good, too.

2 minutes ago, jdgm said:

Well I think it looks very nice.   They are superb guitars.

But expensive.  On sale in the UK for over £6k.

Sgt used to have a red one.   I wish I'd found one when they were comparatively cheap.

But the Epi version should be good, too.

I did. Best electric I owned. Got mine used for $2500. Should have kept it and price gouged people. Its the American way. Steve Ford has one. 

They gave it the 25th Anniversary Les Paul fret markers but I'll hold off for the Murphy Labs version where they hit it with a belt sander, muriatic acid and a heat gun and then throw it in a freezer.

Slim taper neck - the originals were Tree Trunk Taper for Mr. King's gigundo paws.

They were stereo, too, this one is mono.  

Edited by SteveFord

4 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

They gave it the 25th Anniversary Les Paul fret markers but I'll hold off for the Murphy Labs version where they hit it with a belt sander, muriatic acid and a heat gun and then throw it in a freezer.

Slim taper neck - the originals were Tree Trunk Taper for Mr. King's gigundo paws.

Zacly.  I can buy one, but why would I give them 8k for a Lucille that BB wouldn't even look at?  Effing weird.

rct

10 hours ago, rct said:

Zacly.  I can buy one, but why would I give them 8k for a Lucille that BB wouldn't even look at?  Effing weird.

rct

I don't think BB is looking at anything lately. 

Unless you subscribe to that whole afterlife theory, that is. 

In which case he's looking down at all these Lucille guitars from Heaven, and saying, "Those guys are playing it all wrong."

😐

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Retired said:

I saw that on my mail today, although I never looked up the price.  Yeah, I could afford it also but that price is ridiculous to me, They can just keep it. If I wanted a Lucille?  I'll go get one from Epiphone, Cheaper and hardly any difference in tone. 

same idea on the Es335 / Epi Sheraton Pro II

I have one, and it's really a nice axe

is it an Es335?  Nope.. but it's close and 4x less the cost

• Like 1

I think they should sell them for as much as they can get.  Every time they sell an $8,000 guitar, it allows them to make five $2,000 guitars.  There's people out there that buy guitars just to fill up their egos.

Given the realities of the market - that guitars aren't just for real guitar players and there's lots of excess money around - they'd be kind of remiss if they didn't take advantage of that.

There's people who complain about every pricepoint.  Gibson is not about price.  Gibson is about paying enough so you know you've invested in something.  They make lower end stuff, but that's not their big thing.