Gibson Brands Forums

Are we back?

Rabs

I was worried that this forum was gone, its a lot of data for the servers to keep up with. I did install a Flux Capacitor in my 56 LP Standard Pro when I reversed the coil and magnets just recently to get some hum-cancelling, but seemed to get stuck in the 50's, but with some tweaking I have arrived in the 70's and celebrating with Rocky Mountain Way.

sXbRUsb.jpg

Edited by mihcmac
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I did a search yesterday and came up with this on guitar.com

Gibson’s community forums appear to have been shutdown. The web domain has been gone since last Thursday at the earliest.

Also: Gibson appears to have quietly shut down their forums and support.

Glad it was a solvable tech problem. 😎

It's still touch and go for me.  I finally got in last night, had time to answer a message left for me, but trying to get back to the topics list bumped me off and I couldn't get back in until this morning.  Then when clicking on "Submit Reply"  to enter a reply on Badbluesplayer's thread about his son's restaurant I was brushed out again.  Gave it a rest until just 15 minutes ago.   Have no idea if or when I'll be able to log back on again once I leave this time.

But glad to get back any time I can.    Missed y'all, really.  [love]

Whitefang

3 hours ago, Whitefang said:

It's still touch and go for me.  I finally got in last night, had time to answer a message left for me, but trying to get back to the topics list bumped me off and I couldn't get back in until this morning.  Then when clicking on "Submit Reply"  to enter a reply on Badbluesplayer's thread about his son's restaurant I was brushed out again.  Gave it a rest until just 15 minutes ago.   Have no idea if or when I'll be able to log back on again once I leave this time.

But glad to get back any time I can.    Missed y'all, really.  [love]

Whitefang

You missed us?  You are truly a glutton for punishment.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

You missed us?  You are truly a glutton for punishment.

It's not that.  You know the old trick...

If you want to feel thinner, hang out with really fat people?  or in this case;

If you want to feel smarter,  well........     [wink]

Whitefang

• Haha 2

On 4/2/2022 at 6:16 AM, fortyearspickn said:

Can you imagine the angst if Zuckerberg shut down Farcebook ?   It would be like "The Day The Earth Stood Still".  

You mean people jumpin' outa' windows and looting and total anarchy?

Oh, wait... that's New York, Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, San Francisco and Los Angeles on any given day.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jaxson50 said:

It's them dang Ruskies! 

Coulda been.  Makes me wonder....

Did Gibson have to pay a ransom?  And if so, how soon before it's reflected in their prices?

Whitefang

Edited by Whitefang
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Californiaman said:

You mean people jumpin' outa' windows and looting and total anarchy?

Oh, wait... that's New York, Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, San Francisco and Los Angeles on any given day.

Well, here in Detroit we haven't had anybody jumping out of windows for quite some time.  [wink]

Whitefang