Gibson Brands Forums

What's on your mind today? The Gibson edition

Pinch

21 hours ago, Karloff said:

Sgt,  sure, theres been MANY great guitarists that have come along since Jimi's passing.  BUT ...

NO ONE has come close to him. before or since.  even if his style, that style is not someones "cup of tea"  he was hands down the most innovative guitarist ever. he didn't rewrite the book, he threw it out the fn window ...  EVERYTHING changed with what he brought to the table.    he copped his theatrics from Buddy Guy, but his whole groove was out of this world. 

and the greatest example of his abilities IMHO, is the Band Of Gypsys album.  just playing his A$$ off ... 

Sure.  Since Jimi died 50+ years ago some of the most highly regarded guitar slingers have made good on sounds and styles that never existed in recorded music before Jimi.  Without Jimi for instance, there my never have been an Eddie Van Halen as we know him.  Or a Robin Trower(as we know him) or a Stevie Ray Vaughn.  All who've capitalized on methods and styles that Jimi first brought to the table.   Face it....

James Marshall Hendrix was the major game changer in the music of the late '60's.  Just as The Beatles were just a few years before him.  

1 hour ago, kelly campbell said:

On the other side I am sad to hear Ozzy is retiring from touring.

Couldn't care less about either Brady or Ozzy.   Neither ever played a major factor in my life.   

Whitefang

10 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Yep.   Taking up fully half the 'news coverage'  on my tv station for over the past hour.   Less interesting than  ...  well, the commercials for starters.   People must shop for insurance more often than hamburgers. 

SHINGLES doesn't care! 

20 hours ago, SteveFord said:

I'm thinking 47 days until Spring.

12 hours ago, CROWB8 said:

Hoping that will come with a side of clear skies, sunshine, and temps of around 65F or better. Hold the pickles.

Punxxatawney Phil  just predicted 6 more weeks of winter.     DeBlasio wanted to drop him on his head.   

2 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Punxxatawney Phil  just predicted 6 more weeks of winter.     DeBlasio wanted to drop him on his head.   

[wink]  PSSSST!  Here's a hint......

No matter WHAT that groundhog sees, there's ALWAYS six more weeks of winter.  :rolleyes:

Whitefang

I see signs all the time that say "Fill dirt wanted". Popular guy.

Then there's ones that say "slow children". Hmmm. Dont think I should comment on that one.

We saw one that said "low bridge". So 50ft b4 that we placed a sign that said "sign ahead".

Then there's one that says "one way". I thought, well, I'm only going one way so...

Supposed to only drive on your half of the road. Yep. I just take my half outa the middle.

Edited by CROWB8
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 4:01 AM, gearbasher said:

I use a 50/50 mix of commercial BBQ sauce and maple syrup to put on my ribs when cooking them. It is great.

It didn't sink in till now. We were talking take out for the most part. But on the barbie or oven, me thinks that would make an excellent glaze. Wonder if syrup mixed with sauce for hot wings would work. Should. Only diff be the heat. Don't know bout you, but cant go wrong with heat.

Tnx dude! Gonna try that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CROWB8 said:

It didn't sink in till now. We were talking take out for the most part. But on the barbie or oven, me thinks that would make an excellent glaze. Wonder if syrup mixed with sauce for hot wings would work. Should. Only diff be the heat. Don't know bout you, but cant go wrong with heat.

Tnx dude! Gonna try that.

I basically cook in the oven. Ribs, meat side down, covered at 225 for about 3 1/2 hours. Then, uncovered in another pan, meat side up, with the 50/50 mix spread over them (+ scallions, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder) for about 15 min. at 350. 

BTW, if you throw in some soy sauce with the mix it makes a great stir fry sauce. Steam some broccoli, fry some beef, onions and red bell peppers. Throw it all together with the sauce. Fry the beef separately and get rid of all the greasy juice that comes out of it. 

Edited by gearbasher
  • Like 1

gear basher,  that  rib cooking process is basically the same as one I used this weekend which I found in the manual than came with a Pellet Grill/Smoker I'd just bought.  Assembly Instructions included gratuitously pandering recipes for a half dozen commonly grilled favorites.   

Supposed to be -25f over the next couple days. With 25 mph winds. I’ve got no plans to go anywhere. My only fear is if the power goes out. We have oil fired baseboard heat with no backup. We only have one chimney so the insurance company won’t allow tapping in a wood stove. Not that I would have a clue how to properly run wood heat. I do have a propane heater with two 20lb tanks plus a kerosene heater and couple gallons of K-1. I seriously think the next major purchase for the house should be a generator. 

21 hours ago, CROWB8 said:

I see signs all the time that say "Fill dirt wanted". Popular guy.

Then there's ones that say "slow children". Hmmm. Dont think I should comment on that one.

We saw one that said "low bridge". So 50ft b4 that we placed a sign that said "sign ahead".

Then there's one that says "one way". I thought, well, I'm only going one way so...

Supposed to only drive on your half of the road. Yep. I just take my half outa the middle.

And I saw a sign that said, "Dangerous curves" and almost wrapped my car around a pole while busy looking all around for those women.

Whitefang

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

And I saw a sign that said, "Dangerous curves" and almost wrapped my car around a pole while busy looking all around for those women.

Whitefang

lol,  they're all dangerous. especially the dark eyed brunettes ... smh.