Gibson Brands Forums

What Guitar related presents did Santa bring this year?

I must have been a good boy this year as Santa was very kind.

Positive grid Spark Go desktop amp.  All the effects and amp models in a little powerhouse of an amp. The perfect amp for when you just want to noodle away on the sofa with your guitar.

Lime 6 HX One multi effects pedal. The second last piece of the puzzle that is my pedal board. Rather than have multiple delay pedals (or many many more) staged differently, you just need one

Marrs' Guitars. Probably the most beautiful coffee table book I've ever seen of all the guitars in my hero;s collection.

The Cult Love t-shirt, a nice one from my son of one of my favorite albums.

ygwKNds.jpg

Edited by swampash
  • Like 3

😄 I gotta Possum, a Pisgah Possum, (banjo, baby!)  Okay, to get some guitar points, does it help I bought my spouse a 1934 National Duolian  square-neck for birthday/Christmas?   ☺️

Edited by PrairieDog
  • Like 4

My Wife got me a "Gibson Vintage Reissue Restoration Kit" but I'm not sure if it's for my guitar or myself.

On a more serious note, does anyone know if this is ok for VOS finishes? Probably a stupid question given that it's a reissue restoration kit, but I thought I'd ask. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, kidblast said:

My son gifted me this.

I have about 5 delay's they all have their "cool" factor, 

This one is no exception.  very warm, and lush sounding.

heXCO7l.jpg

nice Ray ... can it be set up for dual settings ? 

2 hours ago, Murph said:

All I got was a guitar tune up tool.

It works with overhauls, as well.

Hey, that’s great! Looks like they have updated the design.  Sleek.  I still have and use the one my brother gave me 50 some years ago.  Still can’t close it without pinching my finger though 😆

23 hours ago, Karloff said:

I bought myself a Tele & my daughter & her husband bought me the Fender / Wrangler guitar case

91lkum3-Td-EL-AC-SX679.jpg

I got a rock. Oh wait that was Halloween.

Sweet case. RCT must be jealous?

How many people can fit in that case? Looks like about 5.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I got a rock. Oh wait that was Halloween.

Sweet case. RCT must be jealous?

How many people can fit in that case? Looks like about 5.

lol. I forgot about RCT's appreciation of cases ...  I keep the Strat that my wife doesn't know about in it 

I got a wireless guitar transmitter/receiver  set. Got rid of the cord. Works great.  Rechargeable.  8 hour play time on one charge.  My weekly group jam is 3 hours.

Also got a new digital metronome and the will to use it. That has proven revealing and frustrating so far. But  I am told it will improve my play.

• Like 4

Besides the PRS that my wife let me buy as my own Christmas/Birthday/Anniversary gift, my son gave me a Mini Kalimbra. I can already play Ode To Joy and London Bridge Is Falling Down. 😎

CiJYO3Cb.jpg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, saturn said:

Besides the PRS that my wife let me buy as my own Christmas/Birthday/Anniversary gift, my son gave me a Mini Kalimbra. I can already play Ode To Joy and London Bridge Is Falling Down. 😎

CiJYO3Cb.jpg

Way to go! I found my online banjo program had “Musette in D” by Bach.  One of the first things I learned on piano.  Of course I had to try to pluck it out. The circle closes 60 years later 🤣

I got the "Brothers and Sisters" book that RCT mentioned.  It's a must read for Allman Bros fans.  It's about the era from when Duane died until the band broke up after the Bros and Sis album.

It's not all that easy to digest some of the stuff in the book.  I think I'll stay off the sauce...

https://www.amazon.com/Brothers-Sisters-Allman-Inside-Defined/dp/1250282691

On 1/4/2024 at 6:49 PM, saturn said:

CiJYO3Cb.jpg

That’s killer. I thought those were called Mbira’s?