Gibson Brands Forums

One guitar

Silenced Fred

Feels like a guitar; does everything from classical to rock to blues to jazz - not perhaps best for super-folkie (although I've done it with different arrangements, it's a matter of audience response) and bluegrass, although I s'pose with heavier strings than I use, it could do that too.

The problem with "one guitar" for me is that although I mostly play one sorta general fingerpicking style for my own pleasure, on occasion I'm asked to do totally different styles and more than one guitar is handy. E.g., the Bluegrass type of thing really should be an acoustic or at least AE.

m

LP man,

What gauge wood do ya use for all them pieces of metal/plastic that you stomp on?

What colour is the board/s?

Is it painted or cloth wrapped.

What would you describe as the difference between the 2 wahs pedals?

Do you find the Ac Sim beneficial and what pup position works best for you?

How often do you clean your tube on the TB?

Is your EQ dialled in as a smiley?...

Thankyou sir...

I love all my guitars. But, if I had to pick just one, it would have to be my '94 SG Standard. It was my first real electric, and I worked all summer to get it. I've had it since i was 16.

94SG_0013.jpg

My 82 Les Paul Standard is the one I like.

But if I can have any one guitar to play with rest of my life I would like to get original 59 Les Paul Standard. But won't likely happen so I am happy with what I have.

Archived