Gibson Brands Forums

My Birthday...

Silenced Fred

...18 [blink]

It's scary but a blessing. I have to pay my own way on everything now, just need a job [bored]

I got a swollen pickle, concert tix for seether, papa roach, three days grace, and some others (Q101 Jamboree if you know what that is), a cool *** cutting board shaped like a guitar hanging on my wall, and the DVD set of Breaking Bad (its a pretty good show)

Oh well, another day. Just thought I'd share. Anyone do any crazy stuff on their 18th?

...18 [blink]

It's scary but a blessing. I have to pay my own way on everything now' date=' just need a job [bored

I got a swollen pickle, concert tix for seether, papa roach, three days grace, and some others (Q101 Jamboree if you know what that is), a cool *** cutting board shaped like a guitar hanging on my wall, and the DVD set of Breaking Bad (its a pretty good show)

Oh well, another day. Just thought I'd share. Anyone do any crazy stuff on their 18th?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRED!!

So you're staying home to fully enjoy your birthday?

Ahhhh... You'll do well.

From my perspective, if you ain't already been an "adult" for more than a few years, you never are likely to be anyway.

So now you can sign your own contracts. You can vote.

But really? As I said, if you ain't already been an adult for more than a few years, it ain't likely.

The only difference between 15 and 18 and 68 is that usually you make slightly different mistakes in life. <grin> And some of the good moves are for different stuff.

I'd suggest only that you seek always to learn, always to find more "light" in life, and be true to yourself.

If you ain't read Kipling's little poem, "If," do it soon.

m

Happy 18 Fred!

Let's see...

I found out on my 18th birthday that Uncle Sam decided I was not going into the Army.

Since I was off work (already out of high school) I went to the DMV and got my Class A driver's license.

Went to bed early, had to work the next day.

Here's something I threw together when our oldest was nearing 18.

I captured much of our discussion and threw it in here - see if any of it flips any switches...

www.neoconman.com/LegalAge

Archived