Gibson Brands Forums

Where are you right now?

NeoConMan

I post from my secret underground bunker in an undisclosed state in an undisclosed location and I bounce the outgoing signal off multiple undisclosed servers until my signal reaches disclosed threads.......

our whole livingroom is my "man cave"......if i'm watching/listening to/playing something the Mrs. doesn't care for (which isn't often) she retreats to her "woman cave" a.k.a. our master bedroom.

my "gear", our "Coke Machine"(real 4 selection canned drink dispenser by Sky Box), and our computer desk take up the lower half (enclosed carport w/origional exterior wall replaced w/8x8 ceiling beam on 8x8 endposts)plus my main amp and one "glass cased" wall hanger LP in the upper half.

my "lurking" is done either after I get home from work,which is when my Mrs. is getting ready for work....or late late at night on my off nights.

I work a 6:pm-2:30am(often later) shift, and stay up nights when i'm off.

Posting and reading is done 99.9% at home, first thing in the morning.

I may or may not log in but I always get a good chuckle from someone

and their response in the group. I also enjoy the expertise on many of

the subjects covered from guitars to cars. [smile]

I'm usually at work. I typically have loads of 15 minute intervals that I spend reading or posting. I'm a narrow web printer in the flexographic printing industry. I only have to make incremental adjustments every few minutes, and I dont have to babysit my machine, but I cant walk away from it to do other things either. Soooo...I read alot of news and post here. My only alternative is to pace back and forth while watching the clock.

our whole livingroom is my "man cave"......if i'm watching/listening to/playing something the Mrs. doesn't care for (which isn't often) she retreats to her "woman cave" a.k.a. our master bedroom.

my "gear", our "Coke Machine"(real 4 selection canned drink dispenser by Sky Box), and our computer desk take up the lower half (enclosed carport w/origional exterior wall replaced w/8x8 ceiling beam on 8x8 endposts)plus my main amp and one "glass cased" wall hanger LP in the upper half.

my "lurking" is done either after I get home from work,which is when my Mrs. is getting ready for work....or late late at night on my off nights.

I work a 6:pm-2:30am(often later) shift, and stay up nights when i'm off.

Thats the way it is here to. The large screen TV is in the living room so if there's something she really wants to watch like Real Housewives of XXXXXX or some other total waste of time in the living room I retreat to my music room.

Work. I'm a Radiologist and read cases all day and rest intermittently by looking at the forum for a few then go back to work. Great way to keep from going insane. My work is now 100% on computers with cases sent over the internet - HIPPA encrypted of course! [razz]

I think the coolest posts I made were only a few feet from an open (and fueled) nuclear reactor 2 years ago.

I was working inside containment during a maintenance outage, and there were several computers set up.

Getting in and out is a real hassle, so they try to provide everything possible to maximize stay times.

Sitting at a folding table 100 feet above the base of containment, looking at the glow....

Wearing a damned moon suit with goofy gloves, trying to type with a pencil....

Ah, well, it was cool.

Hope never to be stuck inside a containment dome again.

I'm currently visiting the Virginia Norfolk Northrop Grumman Nuclear area. As with most Nuclear Y-12 or XX areas you are not allowed to have cell phones or computers on site unless pre-approved.... So I must wait until I get back to my hotel do any electronic communications...

I was in a containment building.. the reactor silo. No moon suit or nothin', just my Wrangler jeans and pearl snap shirt. Went with a 4-H group to Byron, back when it was under construction. Way Cool to be able to say that #*&^teen years later. [thumbup]

Archived