Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

BigKahune

.... is that a 356? PW could be the initials of someone involved in making it or could stand for pretty wicked... ....

Sorry, 339 was a typo. It's a 359 Dave. . . (*edit*)

A mod said the initials belong to the person that did the final assembly in the Memphis CS.

Has a great setup, a 60s neck, 57s. The feel, play and sound/tone is awesome. And the looks - you can see.

Thanks guys.

It's a 339 Dave.

A mod said the initials belong to the person that did the final assembly in the Memphis CS.

Has a great setup, a 60s neck, 57s. The feel, play and sound/tone is awesome. And the looks - you can see.

Thanks guys.

You deserve it BigKahune.....That ES is simply breathtaking, and I bet it plays extraordinarily.

It's a 339 Dave.

Thanks guys.

Interesting, my 339 doesn't have that headstock or ebony fret board or flame top... I still love it though. I bought one of the first ones to come out in 2007...

Beautiful. Where did you get it?

Don't laugh - I've been vacationing in Chicago this week, visiting family. My cousin suggested we take a walk through his local GC. They had a nice selection of Gibson electrics, but only a few Gibby acoustics. This 359 was hanging way up. I walked by it a couple of times trying to resist the GAS. My mischievious cousin encouraged me to have it taken down for a closer look. After a third walk-by I asked to see it. Couldn't put it down, had to buy it. It's the first guitar I've ever purchased from GC. I'm thinking because of the price and the fact it was hanging so high, there wasn't a mark on it. So no trouble, despite the horror stories that can happen at GC.

BigKahune, beautiful guitar! I know you'll really enjoy that for years to come. I have it's little cousin, the CS-336. Not as elaborate (dot inlays and MOP

Crown in headstock along w/ the MOP Gibson logo), but the guitar is a great one. I was just going into the music store to buy strings and there she was. It

helped that I had the cash to lay out at the time because these guitars aren't cheap, but well worth it for the playing enjoyment and somewhere do the road a

nice collectable. I say that because these are relatively new in the Gibson line, but they'll make their own mark. Leave a little playing time for your older

SG. [biggrin]. I love both of my Gibsons (CS-336 and SG Standard) B)

Archived