Gibson Brands Forums

for those of you in bands

Silenced Fred

what's your set up?

ideally, i'd like to get it down to a 4 piece because my one friend who plays guitar is way better at keys, and he's pretty good at guitar, but he smokes on the keys, but he refuses to play it, but i'm trying to get him to split time between the two.

right now its me on vocals and guitar (i'm probably going to be doing more acoustic with the band, and leave the electric work to my friend so it has some mix)

guitar

keys

bass

drum

Punk band with three of my friends: two guitars, bass, drums and a vocalist. The vocalist is also the rhythm guitarist. I'm rhythm/lead guitar. Bass guy is backing vocals. Drummer is drummer.

Avant-garde/post-metal side project is me and another guy. I'm on guitar and dirty vocals, he's on synths and drum programming and clean vocals.

Death/doom project (what I consider my main project) is all me. I'm doing guitar, bass, vocals and drum programming.

The industrial rock project is on hold while my other bandmate learns how to write songs.

Although I'm not gigging now,my last band was: Me-lead guitar shared lead vocals,Rhythm guitar & keys backup vocals,bass guitar,drums-shared lead vocals.

With my next band I hope to have: 2 guitars,keyboards,bass,drums with all members able to do vocals.I intend to do 60s covers that few people are doing now like Paul Revere and the Raiders,The Cyrkle,The Flying Machine(Smile a Little Smile...Rosemarie),The Troggs etc.

The last band that I played in that was serious and played out every weekend had....

Lead Vocalist/ Percussion

Keyboards/ Lead Vocals

Guitar/ Backing Vocals (me)

Bass/ Backing Vocals

Drum/ Backing Vocals

Sax/ Percussion

very strong vocals, tons of harmonies. We had two incredible lead singers and were together for a good 6 years before things began to fall apart.

For us, it's (normally) 2 guitars, bass, drums...with myself and the

other guitarist doing most of the singing (to varying degrees of

competence...(Smile)). But, recently, our drummer informed us,

that he can no longer play, due to family problems, and his extended

work commitments. So...there is no "band," right at the moment. [unsure]

CB

We have a pretty big lineup for our band, Grace Asylum. We put on a series of big rock musicals every Christmas.

Me - rythm and some lead guitar

My brother - bass

2 lead guitarists (yes, we have a really BIG guitar sound, layered, crazy)

1 male singer

2 female singers

1 keyboard

1 piano (a classical pianist)

1 drummer (who by the way is amazing and not full of himself)

We have 4 gigs coming up starting next week. Will post video and pics then

I play in a few different bands, so it's hard to keep it all straight. The configurations vary, and each band even might play with slightly different line-ups from gig to gig. Each band has at least one common band member with the other bands.

One of my bands has a guy who's an amazing all around musician. He's a great keyboard player, but also does guitar and sometimes even sax.

Another band has a great guitar player who also sometimes plays a little keyboard.

One band even does acoustic sets. Sometimes it's just the signer/rhythm guitarist and me playing leads/fills. Sometimes we have a percussionist playing congas or small electronic drum kit.

Few people nowadays consider the option of keyboard bass and/or pedal bass

Led Zep had that in their routine when J P Jones moved to keyboard....

V

:-({|=

I would totally play pedal bass while I played guitar if I could find one that I could afford.

The only one that I know of is the Moog Taurus and those are expensive. Do you know of an affordable pedal bass keyboard?

I would totally play pedal bass while I played guitar if I could find one that I could afford.

The only one that I know of is the Moog Taurus and those are expensive. Do you know of an affordable pedal bass keyboard?

The Moog is expensive as it is totally self contained...about £1600

A Roland PK-5 is a pedal board MIDI trigger for about £385...needs a MIDI keyboard or sound module with bass sounds....

V

:-({|=

Archived