Gibson Brands Forums

Money is no object

daveinspain

So if money was no object and you could buy any two current production guitars on the market, what would they be?

Only restriction is one has to be electric and the other has to be an acoustic.

I'd have to go with a Gibson ES 175 for the electric and a Gibson Dove for the acoustic...

So if money was no object and you could buy any two current production guitars on the market, what would they be?

I'd have to go with a Gibson ES 175 for the electric and a Gibson Dove for the acoustic...

Gibson Dove and Gibson ES-335 Figured 390 Neck. There are other guitar makers id want stuff from, but nothing as expensive so if money were no object id take Gibsons first.

I have a son with special needs who has musical talent. He has bought and sold guitars since high school. Last year he had an inclination to start it up again so I bought him a Gibson SJ 200 acoustic for his birthday and a Gibson L 5 CES for Christmas. This only on the promise that he wouldn't sell them. The most fun he ever had with guitar was in the high school jazz band. I hoped he would join a jazz band again. A year later he had lost interest and I learned an expensive lesson.

If money was no object, I would like a Martin Dreadnought with Brazilian rosewood back and sides.

There is one other expensive git id love, a Gretsch White Falcon.

He said Currently in production, but if he said any year, i would want a Broadcaster or Nocaster.

Okay, rethought the "current production" thing. Have to go with a Ric 360/12 and a Martin D28. At least my grandkids/great grands will be happy.

Money no object, and I can only have 2?!

Oh the choices...oh the struggle.

Off the top of my head, and before I change my answer having though of something I've forgotten.

Gibson ES-345 in Vintage Burst and a Taylor 416 or 418.

I feel like I should own at least 1 PRS since they're made less than 45 minutes from my home and I've been saying that I'm going to buy one for the past 25 years. Probably go with a nice Custom 22 with a pretty top ( aren't they all?) and some bird inlays.

I've also always loved Gibson's acoustics so I would just choose a nice Hummingbird.

I know, these aren't real creative choices but I'm a simple guy. :rolleyes:

Money is no object...hmmm...what an interesting concept!

No custom instruments....bummer!

OK, technically Martin still makes the D-18 SS. I miss mine- hope the crook has early carpel tunnel and other problems! So that guitar is one.

Since no customs allowed- the 2nd would be a PRS, as close to a McCarty as I can get, with a nice flamey top. Gotta have the "moon" inlays in abalone, please. And P90s.

Not too fancy I guess. But thats what I'd want!

Brian

Archived