Gibson Brands Forums

There's hope for us all

blindboygrunt

No, I'm not old and I still think this is total junk. And my musical tastes range all over the place. Of course we're all entitled to our opinions though.

Apparently he's a Grammy award winning producer/engineer/mixer/writer. Let's just hope he's better at that than he is singing. But after listening to this I can also say safely he's a horrible writer as well. Dude is flat out horrible and it's very amateurish. Guess he comes from the generation where everyone get's a trophy, even if they suck.

NPR states in the description that listening to him "can be scary" but they're referring to his lyrics. I think it's scary to listen to him because of how horrible it sounds.

Old? What's old got to do with it? Explicit language doesn't phase me too much, depending on the context. The fact is that this is complete crap. Sure, it elicits a reaction - but songwriting is art, and this isn't.

Well I guess I'm going to be the odd man out on this one. The guy really has something to say and says it quite well lyrically. His delivery is odd, indeed, with weird electronica sounds and a shouting singing style..........but he's not shouting nonsense.

Then there's me.........the temporary custodian of these particles and free floating radicals that convene for 80 years or so.......if you're lucky.

What unique description of a human being! His performance is not my cup of tea, but there's some intelligence there behind what seems to be distracting you guys.

Well I guess I'm going to be the odd man out on this one. The guy really has something to say and says it quite well lyrically. His delivery is odd, indeed, with weird electronica sounds and a shouting singing style..........but he's not shouting nonsense.

Then there's me.........the temporary custodian of these particles and free floating radicals that convene for 80 years or so.......if you're lucky.

What unique description of a human being! His performance is not my cup of tea, but there's some intelligence there behind what seems to be distracting you guys.

Ach your heads away 😂

Song of the week then ?

Who's first to have a go ?

I can agree that the guy has something to say, but once he started singing I didn't want to listen to him. I'm far from being easily offended He's definitely different and perhaps a tremendous writer. I just didn't care to listen after a couple minutes. Depends on what one likes. However, he has given me a new appreciation for the "early Dylan" vocals.

No, I'm not old and I still think this is total junk......Dude is flat out horrible and it's very amateurish....I think it's scary to listen to him because of how horrible it sounds.

Agree.

The fact is that this is complete crap. Sure, it elicits a reaction - but songwriting is art, and this isn't.

Agree very much. It doesn't work as a song IMO. You have to know how to edit your ideas, and what ideas are worth pursuing in the first place.

I thought it was a joke to start off with, with the guy on keyboards just hitting keys at random.

[thumbdn] [thumbdn]

#-o

Jim Carey meets blink 182 meets the guy from back to the future who says "you're my density".

Made it 45 seconds and now I have to clean the blood between my legs and get the word molest, and his face, out of my mind.

Somewhere someone's parents are real happy that their home is quiet.

Edited... I listed more. It's like a train wreck and I could not look away. Who now is going to call the FBI or Spcials Victims Unit and have them put out an APB.

As much as the majority of us (myself included) can't stand this, he is apparently a grammy winner, which I'm guessing none of us here are, so in the and who really cares what we think? i doubt hell lose sleep at night if he ever came across this thread.

As much as the majority of us (myself included) can't stand this, he is apparently a grammy winner, which I'm guessing none of us here are, so in the and who really cares what we think? i doubt hell lose sleep at night if he ever came across this thread.

all true

but I still think it's crap...

carry on..

Nup, turned it off.

When I was in my late teens - early 20s, just moved to this place, I use to go out with this group of 5-6 dudes that I really don't remember much about meeting, but just glad someone spoke to me at the time, let alone go out on the town. A couple of them had reasonable taste and we saw some great gigs at various pubs and clubs, but one of them had taste for the type of thing above, whatever that is, and we would sit through that all night gettng morose.....

What do you call that? I don't like those out of tune keyboards.

BluesKing777.

Archived