Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone fancy a museum-caliber statement piece

Rabs

[scared]

pDoGnlQ.jpg

J6FPwWD.jpg

VHzEXWR.jpg

Man the marketing blurb never ceases to amaze me.. [rolleyes]

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2017/Custom/Les-Paul-Custom-Abalone-Sparkle-GH.aspx#LPC-PSL11183

$4,999

Gibson Custom Shop has created small batches of sparkle-finish guitars in the past, but never before have the finishes so perfectly matched the inlay colors like in this limited-edition Les Paul Custom Abalone Sparkle series. All the gleaming, vibrant colors of Abalone come alive through these five coordinated metal flake finishes. Under the hood, all the classic Les Paul tone and Custom Shop construction you expect is present, making it every bit the pro-level instrument as it is a museum-caliber statement piece.

Guest Farnsbarns

Calibre surely!?

...But then even here the auto-spellcheck-thing tried to suggest caliber as I typed that, so maybe I've had it wrong all these years... or is it part of the dumbening conspiracy? [mellow]

It's the yanks. They can neither spell nor come up with their own language so they steel one and spell it wrong. See, they also need a little more info than most people.

To you and me, "horse riding" is enough information to give us the basics but the first Americans to try it where clinging to the legs which didn't work so they decided it would be much clearer if the called it horse back riding.

Then there's the sidewalk. You and I can look at the pavement and see it was designed for walking on, away from traffic but Americans noted it was all paved so wandered about in traffic until they renamed it a side walk to make it clearer.

[lol]

not really something I find attractive..

I dunno,, maybe I'm crazy but instead of diluting the Les Paul line up by creating all these "specialty" models, that seem to have little appeal and offer nothing more than some one off cosmetics, pay attention to the details of the flag ship lineups, and make them "RIGHT" out the door the first time....

It's the yanks. They can neither spell nor come up with their own language so they steel one and spell it wrong. See, they also need a little more info than most people.

To you and me, "horse riding" is enough information to give us the basics but the first Americans to try it where clinging to the legs which didn't work so they decided it would be much clearer if the called it horse back riding.

Then there's the sidewalk. You and I can look at the pavement and see it was designed for walking on, away from traffic but Americans noted it was all paved so wandered about in traffic until they renamed it a side walk to make it clearer.

[lol]

so Farns, I take it you LIKE Americans?

[woot]

Guest Farnsbarns

so Farns, I take it you LIKE Americans?

[woot]

Absolutely love Americans. Just giving back some of the grief us Brits get on here. :D

[lol]

Revenge for the artisan thread? msp_lol.gifmsp_lol.gif

[lol]

[laugh] the horse example.

But, 'steal' surely!?

[lol]

It wasn't the Americans who stole the spelling of theatre and centre. Limeys did, from the French to sound "smart". How's it working for you? [flapper] Calibre, come to think of it was probably from the same era.

Guest Farnsbarns

It wasn't the Americans who stole the spelling of theatre and centre. Limeys did, from the French to sound "smart". How's it working for you? [flapper] Calibre, come to think of it was probably from the same era.

True, but at least we stole some words, incorporated into our own language and continued to spell them correctly.

It's not in the same league is it?!

:D

Guest Farnsbarns

I thought that was ironic but figured it must be a British thing

Nope, just ironic. I walked into that like a right muppet.

Without us Yanks, the UK would be speaking a different language right now. Spreken?

Perhaps.

But on the plus side we'd also have a train system which would run to schedule so it wouldn't all be bad news.

Pip.

[lol]

It's steal, not steel.

First fluorescent 80's colors and now pastels? Are they setting a trend or just 30 years behind the times? They're pretty and all but not something I'd buy or play. I wonder what market they're going for with those colors?

Archived