Gibson Brands Forums

Brag Time for Notes Norton

Notes_Norton

Leilani and I, The Sophisticats were featured in a regional, heavy stock, glossy publication, Indian River Magazine which serves 3 adjacent counties on The Treasure Coast. Our area is called The Treasure Coast because without the protection of the Bahama islands, quite a few Spanish Galleons shipwrecked off shore here in hurricanes back in the conquistador era.

It's the annual Best Of The Treasure Coast edition, and we are the only band in there.

We hate the first picture, because the orange and red stage lights makes Leilani look old and ghastly. I am that ugly however. The photographer wanted to do it over, but he had a heart attack and died, and the publisher had a deadline and couldn't arrange another shoot.

One of the B&W promo pictures shows my 1970 Gibson ES330.

The press was nice, it gained us quite a few new fans, and some more gigs as well.

If interested, I have the cover, contents and our article saved here:

http://www.nortonmusic.com/pix/IndianRiverMag.pdf

Notes

Leilani and I, The Sophisticats were featured in a regional, heavy stock, glossy publication, Indian River Magazine which serves 3 adjacent counties on The Treasure Coast. Our area is called The Treasure Coast because without the protection of the Bahama islands, quite a few Spanish Galleons shipwrecked off shore here in hurricanes back in the conquistador era.

It's the annual Best Of The Treasure Coast edition, and we are the only band in there.

We hate the first picture, because the orange and red stage lights makes Leilani look old and ghastly. I am that ugly however. The photographer wanted to do it over, but he had a heart attack and died, and the publisher had a deadline and couldn't arrange another shoot.

One of the B&W promo pictures shows my 1970 Gibson ES330.

The press was nice, it gained us quite a few new fans, and some more gigs as well.

If interested, I have the cover, contents and our article saved here:

http://www.nortonmusic.com/pix/IndianRiverMag.pdf

Notes

thanks for sharing, I love that area of FL

Very enjoyable read Notes - thanks for that.

I have heard it said before that if a band manages to stay the course on a cruise ship then they are genuinely professional. It sounds as if you both did that in spades.

Archived