Gibson Brands Forums

Life in the South

sparquelito

Awaiting the arrival of the cold front and associated thunderstorms, low level wind shear, and the odd tornado.

The vehicles are all topped off with ethanol-free gasoline, the generator has been treated likewise, and run-up for a full function check.

The trash container and recycling container are in the garage, and the back yard chairs are stacked into the wrought iron garden fence enclosure.

The wife and I have our survival supplies (ID's, handgun, shotgun, water, smart tablet, storm radio, and MREs) in the closet on the northeast corner of the house, and we are prepared to hunker down in there with the dogs.

Most importantly, the guitars have been taken down from the wall, lovingly waxed and buffed, and then put into cases and gig bags.

I sure hope nothing happens to those guitars.

😯
guitars-in-cases2-jpg.672856

guitars-in-cases-1-jpg.672857

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparquelito said:

Most importantly, the guitars have been taken down from the wall, lovingly waxed and buffed, and then put into cases and gig bags.

Yeah, the forecast for N. Alabama is not good.  "Multiple hazards in effect."  "Tornado watch."  (Don't watch too close!)  No basement for those guitars?  Hopin' for the best, Sparq!

2 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Awaiting the arrival of the cold front and associated thunderstorms, low level wind shear, and the odd tornado.

The vehicles are all topped off with ethanol-free gasoline, the generator has been treated likewise, and run-up for a full function check.

The trash container and recycling container are in the garage, and the back yard chairs are stacked into the wrought iron garden fence enclosure.

The wife and I have our survival supplies (ID's, handgun, shotgun, water, smart tablet, storm radio, and MREs) in the closet on the northeast corner of the house, and we are prepared to hunker down in there with the dogs.

😯
guitars-in-cases2-jpg.672856

guitars-in-cases-1-jpg.672857

As a former resident of the Great State of Alabama (Roll Tide!) I’ve seen my share of tornadoes. I was at the Tuscaloosa VA when the epic tornado hit and destroyed Alberta section of town.  Now a resident of Tennessee it’s the same today. Winds are ripping up here in the mountains, and I have relocated all of my guitars downstairs in a crawl space under the stairwell. But I would never consider living anywhere other that the South. If I have  to explain what grits are or collard greens, I ain’t living there.

My cousin In Tex was was on tornado warning last night and today my buddy in Bama. Hope all escape unscathed. Tide only rolled to a regular bowl game this year. Then again there seems to be a bowl game for every team.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I live in Virginia. 2 weeks ago in the 30's and 40's. This weekend low 70's and some rain. We will get snow here usually in late Feb.

Greetings from the Shenandoah. I had the air con running over the weekend (only for a while, but still)...

The weird thing is, we'll probably get a heavy snowfall in mid-April.

Living in Hawaii being above the equator I don't qualify for South Pacific, but still farther south than Key West. We are coming out a very wet season that sometime has hurricanes, in 2007 we had 40 days of constant rain. Over the last week we have had very heavy downpours, off and on. So I am soggy and looking forward to sun...

Edited by mihcmac