Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

2 hours ago, uncle fester said:

My mother in law makes quilts.  Made one for everyone in the family...  except me.  Love her.

My mother-in-law - Bee L. Zabub -  couldn't cook, quilt or do anything except drink Scotch and play golf.  If she had given me a quilt, I'd have expected it to contain razor blades appliqués and broken glass fill.  

2 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

My mother-in-law - Bee L. Zabub -  couldn't cook, quilt or do anything except drink Scotch and play golf.  If she had given me a quilt, I'd have expected it to contain razor blades appliqués and broken glass fill.  

Lol, yep.

8 hours ago, uncle fester said:

My mother in law makes quilts.  Made one for everyone in the family...  except me.  Love her.

They say the best are last!  Same here, Everyone got a quilt except me. She is working on it now. 

2 minutes ago, Retired said:

Does she have a machine that sews by itself or does she guide it?  Guess, many that have been in it a long time have the Long Arm machines.  Yes, Thats nice, Sgt. 

Her embroidery machine was about 8k and her sewing machine was about 5k. When she does the major quilting part she usually takes it to a quilt shop cause they have the big machines that can do it a lot easier. But she has all kinds of hoops and attachments. She knits to. Now if she would just get a job.

6 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Haha,  My grandmother, "My Mom's mother,"  used to close the bars down every night. Lived alone and and lived on liquor. Came home drunk and passed out on the door step in winter. Someone found her and rushed her to the hospital. Guess, when she got out, she did it again the next night but that time she froze to death. They found her in the ,morning. 

6 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Her embroidery machine was about 8k and her sewing machine was about 5k. When she does the major quilting part she usually takes it to a quilt shop cause they have the big machines that can do it a lot easier. But she has all kinds of hoops and attachments. She knits to. Now if she would just get a job.

Yep, That's pretty much what I figured as you said she has been doing it a long time. Deb's friend, has a long arm where she goes to a lot. Dorthy is more professional and her whole garage  is made into a shop. Deb has a $3,000.00 machine  she got at a discount and with the table. She still has to guide it by hand. 

12 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Took pics of my axes today.

FPubquN.jpg

Love the 12 string, Didn't you say you had a Seagull or am I thinking of someone else?  Almost bought a Seagull 12, but couldn't find one in Omaha.  I went to Guitar Center to order one but the new guy, whom I never saw before sort of made me mad with his stupidity and insults.  Never shopped at Guitar Center again after that. I go to Dietz Music now. The head guy there told me to call him, Uncle Ned! Haha. He said, Any guitar in the store is mine to take home and play for 30 days, Free of charge. If I don't like it, bring it back, No Charge. Cannot beat those deals. They also beat Guitar Centers prices. 

44 minutes ago, Retired said:

Love the 12 string, Didn't you say you had a Seagull or am I thinking of someone else?  Almost bought a Seagull 12, but couldn't find one in Omaha.  I went to Guitar Center to order one but the new guy, whom I never saw before sort of made me mad with his stupidity and insults.  Never shopped at Guitar Center again after that. I go to Dietz Music now. The head guy there told me to call him, Uncle Ned! Haha. He said, Any guitar in the store is mine to take home and play for 30 days, Free of charge. If I don't like it, bring it back, No Charge. Cannot beat those deals. They also beat Guitar Centers prices. 

I've only owned one non USA made guitar, it was one of those Ovation acoustics from back from the mid-80s. Long gone 

The 12 is a 1991 J12-16GT. First year they made em. They were only in production 5 - 7 years. I heard that the first year of issue they had Ebony fretboards and then they went to my Mycarta. Which predated Richlite. The luthier I took it to for a set up said the fretboard is real wood.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

That's a nice line up of Martins, all right.

Did the usual: commuted from the bedroom into the dining room (no major delays were encountered), fed the tortoises, worked from 7:30 until 6:00, changed dirty lizard water, cleaned up after a boa constrictor, fed a boa constrictor and schemed on my next guitar purchases.  

They both start with a "G" and they get plugged into a Marshall amp to make me cross eyed with delight due to their iconic tones.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

If she sees this quote you will be compost. I know my picture would be on a milk carton labeled "Missing" and I'd be fertilizer for her tomatos.

She is to busy watching s-hit on the Lifetime network to know what I'm doing.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

55 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

That's a nice line up of Martins, all right.

Did the usual: commuted from the bedroom into the dining room (no major delays were encountered), fed the tortoises, worked from 7:30 until 6:00, changed dirty lizard water, cleaned up after a boa constrictor, fed a boa constrictor and schemed on my next guitar purchases.  

They both start with a "G" and they get plugged into a Marshall amp to make me cross eyed with delight due to their iconic tones.

Dirty Lizard Water is the name of my next band.

Amps - I don't need no stinking amps.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

25 minutes ago, Brian Krashpad said:

It's like you're the anti-Me.

91537735_10158092934003879_9972844268093

Wow. I used to play electric. I had a Fender Deville 60 watt 2x12, a Mesa TA-15 Head ran into a 1x12 cab with a Weber Speaker,  a Fender Hot Rod Dlx and and Egnater Tweaker 40 watt combo. I always wanted an Vox AC30. The only amp I do own is a solid state B100 Acoustic amp for my Fender J bass. I hate it. The amp not the bass.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Wow. I used to play electric. I had a Fender Deville 60 watt 2x12, a Mesa TA-15 Head ran into a 1x12 cab with a Weber Speaker,  a Fender Hot Rod Dlx and and Egnater Tweaker 40 watt combo. I always wanted an Vox AC30.

I would love to get an AC30.  That's one that I have never owned.  Obviously, at this point I have way more than I "need."

But we all know that if we're lucky it's not about "need."  😉

3 minutes ago, Brian Krashpad said:

I would love to get an AC30.  That's one that I have never owned.  Obviously, at this point I have way more than I "need."

But we all know that if we're lucky it's not about "need."  😉

How was your back after roadie-ing all those for the photo?

• Haha 1

I still have 'Red' (and 'Love Supreme')  on vinyl.   Wetton and Bruford were one of the best KC line-ups ever. 

Today I finished the digging part of my garden steps project, now all I have to do is figure out what I am going to use and how to build them...I have no building or carpentry skills but it can't be too hard.  I have a vague idea and plenty of time to work things out..:-k

Edited by jdgm