Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

6 hours ago, Pinch said:

Proof of America's superiority is that every artist and actor world wide who's made their millions complaining about America moves there. 

Or stays there even though they declare an imminent move if the wrong guy gets elected. 

And then places most of their money in foreign banks so they don't pay taxes. 

• Like 1

Last night I was kicking back in my easychair with my swamp-ash tele on my lap, when I discovered I couldn't get up. I had to slide it off my lap to get up. Oh well, so much for Heavy Metal, ahh Heavy Wood, it just plays so nice, It woodn't be a problem if I was 20 or 30 years younger.

9ponjsW.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Covid restrictions were partially lifted a few days ago,, so played hockey yesterday, and will play again tonight.

It was too cold this morning to walk, so instead, I shovelled last night's snowfall from the driveway.

Running out of space to put the snow. Anyone here need any?

Lemme know. The snow is free. Just pay the shipping.

RBSinTo

Edited by RBSinTo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

Covid restrictions were partially lifted a few days ago,, so played hockey yesterday, and will play again tonight.

It was too cold this morning to walk, so instead, I shovelled last night's snowfall from the driveway.

Running out of space to put the snow. Anyone here need any?

Lemme know. The snow is free. Just pay the shipping.

RBSinTo

No thanks! We're still getting rid of the last one but it stopped melting do to temps well under 'o' at night and still freezing cold during the days. 

I believe the nice people at the grocery store gave me COVID last Saturday so it's been a week of hocking up globs, shuffling around like I'm 120 years old and sweating bullets in my sleep.  It seems to hit heart, lungs, joints, eyes.

Got 3 shots in me so just hope this is the tail end of it.

This is what suggested the name Lester Phlegm as the frontman for the Rude Yank Wanks.

Edited by SteveFord

13 hours ago, SteveFord said:

I believe the nice people at the grocery store gave me COVID last Saturday so it's been a week of hocking up globs, shuffling around like I'm 120 years old and sweating bullets in my sleep.  It seems to hit heart, lungs, joints, eyes.

This is what suggested the name Lester Phlegm as the frontman for the Rude Yank Wanks.

Best wishes and take care of yourself!

🤧

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 6:22 AM, SteveFord said:

Feel better. 

Sure it's COVID? It's flu season too. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 11:22 PM, SteveFord said:

Oh No!  Doesn't sound like a fun time? Take care Steve. 

Celebrated first day free of pain from Demon Dermatologist face peeling using a "Red Light Treatment" 3 days ago.  Face felt like bacon frying. Paying for all those years in the sun before they invented  actual SUN SCREEN !   To remove potential problems.  

Played banjo all morning.   Like MIHCMAC's  swamp ash tele,  it weighs a ton.  Had to get a 'pneumatic air-filled pockets' strap.  Regular strap gave me permanent left shoulder pain.  This strap from Kliq-it  solved the problem.  Only play seated - but still need a strap for the little bugger. 

• Haha 1

I'm still spending the day trying to stop the bleeding from a rough tooth extraction yesterday.  See....

I'm on coumadin therapy, and although I quit taking it four days before the extraction, it's still bleeding more than it should normally.  I even went through five teabags and no help.

Whitefang

No, it's not the flu as the symptoms are quite a bit different: heart, lungs, joints, beady little eyeballs and then hock up globs last on the list.  I sold a stereo amplifier, waked fairly rapidly up a ramp and some steps with it and I just had to freeze in place for a few minutes as my heart was going berserk.  That's not the flu.

Life seems to be work, sleep, play guitar, buy stereo gear, repeat.

A yanked tooth shouldn't bleed for long at all, you'd better get with the doctor about that one.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

No, it's not the flu as the symptoms are quite a bit different: heart, lungs, joints, beady little eyeballs and then hock up globs last on the list.  I sold a stereo amplifier, waked fairly rapidly up a ramp and some steps with it and I just had to freeze in place for a few minutes as my heart was going berserk.  That's not the flu.

Life seems to be work, sleep, play guitar, buy stereo gear, repeat.

A yanked tooth shouldn't bleed for long at all, you'd better get with the doctor about that one.

Did you yank it yourself?

On 2/4/2022 at 11:22 PM, SteveFord said:

I’ve had Covid a couple of times , sounds about like the same thing. Hopefully you’re doing better now. 

Wow, bloody toes, sorry that is a painful thing to happen and healing takes awhile.. A few months ago I slipped on the wet moss, grass and gravel in my driveway shredding the skin off my knee and some of the tops of my toes. Had to keep it elevated for a few days to get it to stop bleeding specially when I tried to  bend my knee.  Had an ongoing fight with infection on my knee for several weeks due to the size of the wound. I have purple scar tissue over my knee now that is very sensitive and easy to injure.

Edited by mihcmac