Gibson Brands Forums

Well, I got my money yesterday...

brad1

$1200 into my checking account. For those not in the USA they are sending out Stimulus checks to folks here. Are you guys in other parts of the world getting any kind of  monetary help?

The problem I am having with this is that I do not need the money. I am a school teacher, and my pay is still coming in. And it will continue. So I do not know why they had to send me a check for $1200.

I just hope there is not some family out there getting nothing. And I wonder how many other millions of people got checks, and did not need the check?:-k

• Like 2

Yeah I looked at my bank account today and it was $2400 more than the day before. Its just gonna go to bills and home improvement.

I think they sent DD to the address of record where your last 2 years of taxes were filed. If you have DD set up. If not then you will be getting a hard check. If you didn't file taxes not sure.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

40 minutes ago, brad1 said:

The problem I am having with this is that I do not need the money. I am a school teacher, and my pay is still coming in.

Yeah, they could have targeted it to just people who had lost their jobs.   But, technically, those people have the PPP or unemployment in addition to the $1200.   Obviously, the idea was to just pump a bunch of money into the economy.  Won't help me, I won't get any of it but that's OK, I don't need it.   Hopefully, people will be getting back to work soon.

9 hours ago, brad1 said:

$1200 into my checking account. For those not in the USA they are sending out Stimulus checks to folks here. Are you guys in other parts of the world getting any kind of  monetary help?

The problem I am having with this is that I do not need the money. I am a school teacher, and my pay is still coming in. And it will continue. So I do not know why they had to send me a check for $1200.

I just hope there is not some family out there getting nothing. And I wonder how many other millions of people got checks, and did not need the check?:-k

Go buy a guitar. I doubt we will get a check being were both retired, but I would sell my Gretsch Streamliner and buy a Riviera with 3 P-90's in it. 

There are two intentions,  1. If you are desperate it will pay for necessities,  if you don't need it, it will be spent on a service or item you have been putting off, There by stimulating the economy. 

We got 2500, so new shocks, maybe paint the house.

3 hours ago, Filbert said:

If you don't need or want it, feel free to send it to me 🙂

Yep.  I believe there was a ceiling.  Something like - you had to have filed a tax return in the past 2 years and make less than $75K (individual) or  $150k (if joint).  So - it seemed like a reasonable way to QUICKLY get money into the hands of people who would, in most cases need it.  Did not take into account how much you had in "Savings",  which would have opened up a whole different can of worms.  

On 4/15/2020 at 8:40 PM, fortyearspickn said:

I'm guessing the government sensed some people desperately needed a shot of cash and didn't believe they had the luxury to spend 2 months coming up with a method of paying that would make it more scientific.  

Agree..to do something as quick as they have it had to be a blanket thing and I commend the govt..I have never seen them act as fast on ANYTHING..