Gibson Brands Forums

What would you like to see from Gibson?

SteveFord

A Les Paul with Natural Finish, 
no edge binding anywhere,
naked black humbuckers, 
and  just one volume knob and one tone knob. 

I'd prefer an ebony fingerboard with no inlays at all, but rather those small edge markers. 

Black headstock face, black pick guard, and black back covers. 
Plain black pick guard cover. 

I don't care where the pickup selector switch is, but I lean toward "down by the volume and tone knob" more so than the usual spot. 
Keep it under $1,300 US Dollars, please. 

That is all. 

🙂

15 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Arctic White 3 pick up SG Custom, ebony fretboard, Lyre tail piece, gold plated hardware, non-reliced that doesn't cost a gazillion bucks.

ES 345 w/ VariTone and

ES 355 w/ ebony fret board, VariTone, Lyre tail piece, gold plated hardware, mono.

You peaked.

hmmm. ok...

a Les Paul Standard with:

uncomfortably wide neck,

brass zero-fret nut that wears away quickly,

childlike scribble of the Les Paul logo on the headstock plus a weird hologram of Les doing a Star Trek greeting on the back, 

super cool looking G Force robo-tuners (this should really be mandatory),

in an odd looking brown plastic case.

...oh, and at the 2015 extra high prices please!!

• Haha 2

Well if Gibson are to continue with its non changing line up.. I would like to see other types of special runs than Signature models...  Maybe even bring back guitar of the month for this year..  Have fun with it... After the last year we could all do with some more fun.

And bring me a BFG with a slim taper neck and the original pickup combo of P90 and BB3...

Edited by Rabs
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Rabs said:

Well if Gibson are to continue with its non changing line up.. I would like to see other types of special runs than Signature models...  Maybe even bring back guitar of the month for this year..  Have fun with it... After the last year we could all do with some more fun.

And bring me a BFG with a slim taper neck and the original pickup combo of P90 and BB3...

I agree 100%

9 hours ago, sparquelito said:

A Les Paul with Natural Finish, 
no edge binding anywhere,
naked black humbuckers, 
and  just one volume knob and one tone knob. 

I'd prefer an ebony fingerboard with no inlays at all, but rather those small edge markers. 

Black headstock face, black pick guard, and black back covers. 
Plain black pick guard cover. 

I don't care where the pickup selector switch is, but I lean toward "down by the volume and tone knob" more so than the usual spot. 
Keep it under $1,300 US Dollars, please. 

That is all. 

🙂

Yep. Me too. I'll have one of them please 🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 'Scales said:

hmmm. ok...

a Les Paul Standard with:

uncomfortably wide neck,

brass zero-fret nut that wears away quickly,

childlike scribble of the Les Paul logo on the headstock plus a weird hologram of Les doing a Star Trek greeting on the back, 

super cool looking G Force robo-tuners (this should really be mandatory),

in an odd looking brown plastic case.

...oh, and at the 2015 extra high prices please!!

wait a minute...

I've changed my mind. I want one of those even more 🤩

1984 Explorer re-issue with Dirty Fingers (contrary to what some folks will tell you, I think the "new" Dirty Fingers are just fine). 

Why go after ESP et al if they're not gonna have a 1984 Explorer for sale? The 1984 Explorer looks like the ESP lawsuit Explorers, but IMHO doesn't look like Explorers with pickguards. 

Mind you, not buying atm, but I think they should be perennial in the range. 

There are about 36 LP models, 19 SG's if you count the double neck as an SG, 12 ES's, 12 or 13 of the Designer models, and billions of acoustics.

How many more do you want. I remember when the site under Henry's reign had over 100 LP's. Do you want to go back to that?

Don't know why I asked I know the answer is - Yes.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

5 minutes ago, Karloff said:

to be honest my 335's have kinda ruined me as far as playing other guitars. I still do, and enjoy them but the 335's are it.

Yeah when I had my BB King and played guitars that plug in that one was head and shoulders better that any electric I ever owned.

Steve Ford will tell ya its the illusive Firebird VII. What are the differences between Firebird models I - VII? 

X was a s-hit show.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I have a Firebird VII, it's on a stand right next to me.  It's a bruiser to play just like I remembered.  It kind of feels like something that belongs in a marching band next to the bassoon.

It's mostly number of pick ups for 1, III (gets a whammy bar) and V, the VII has an ebony fret board, Lyre tail piece and 3 pick ups plus it weighs a bit.  Kind of like the difference between a 335 and a Lucille, same thing just more upscale and heavier with a stouter neck.  Same family but a whole different feel to it.

An entry level single cutaway slab with one pickup in the bridge position, bolt on neck is fine, in an assortment of solid colors. Wrap around bridge, basic as basic can be. Something like the Challenger Invader Sonex line of the early 80s. Don't call it Melody Maker. That has the same model name flavor as a Banana tuner or a Gorilla amp. Or First Act!  Call it a Gibson EG (electric guitar). Don't be stupid with the colors and don't add Hanna Montana graphics. Make it something an adolescent would actually WANT to own, knowing it was a real Gibson but without being condescended to with a stupid model name or graphics they'll be sanding off in the garage next year. (Can you tell this is something I'm passionate about?)

SG Standard in red mahogany. Chrome pickup covers, the whole deal. Think '62 reissue but without the "reissue". Have it be the Standard, period.

SG Special with black hardware, no pickup covers, matte brown mahogany finish, somewhat similar to the SG faded. A "real" SG with absolutely no frills.

Les Paul gold top with P90s. I don't know what to call it. I would intend it to be like a 55-56.

Les Paul Standard in cherry sunburst. Call it the Standard.

Les Paul Custom in black with gold hardware. Call it the Custom.

ES-333. Keep it basic. See "SG Special" above.

ES-355 with gold hardware and 60s style cherry finish.

ES-175 in tobacco sunburst or blonde. One pickup. Also available as ES-175D (two pickup).

Have not given any thought to the upper end carved tops or what Bozeman would be making.