Gibson Brands Forums

NDG X2

Sgt. Pepper

I said when the stimulus money came around (and it did last night), and the cash form the D-41 to HD-28V trade, I was gonna get a 00 or 000-18. Just pulled the trigger on a 2019, 00-18. It's not an M-36 as rct suggested or a J-40 as SteveFord suggested, but that will do donkey, that will do. 

GFvSotS.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I said when the stimulus money came around (and it did last night), and the cash form the D-41 to HD-28V trade, I was gonna get a 00 or 000-18. Just pulled the trigger on a 2019, 00-18. It's not an M-36 as rct suggested or a J-40 as SteveFord suggested, but that will do donkey, that will do. 

GFvSotS.jpg

That's beautiful! 

8 minutes ago, kidblast said:

nice  If I ever got the itch for a martin, I think it'd be one like that, or the M36 like RCT has.

This is gonna be my second small body guitar. I didn't think I would like them, but they are sweet. My 12'er is Martin's J body style which used to be called 0000. It's deep as a dread but pinched at the waist like a 000. Tomorrow the Dread should be arriving. I accepted the offer for the 00-18 late last night and paid for it around 10:30, so I imagine it will be on it's way in a day or so. Its coming form Cincinnati.

You probably should not get a Martin, cause once you do its like crack.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

This is gonna be my second small body guitar. I didn't think I would like them, but they are sweet. My 12'er is Martin's J body style which used to be called 0000. It's deep as a dread but pinched at the waist like a 000. Tomorrow the Dread should be arriving. I accepted the offer for the 00-18 late last night and paid for it around 10:30, so I imagine it will be on it's way in a day or so. Its coming form Cincinnati.

You probably should not get a Martin, cause once you do its like crack.

hmm,,  maybe so..  btw... I've never had crack either... 🙂  

good luck with the two new arrivals..   sounds like you're about to have a fun weekend breaking at least one of them...

34 minutes ago, OrdinaryNimda said:

Looks very high end! 👍
The fingerboard is ebony? (seems too black for rosewood)

Yes its ebony. Most if not all Martin 18 series and higher have ebony boards.  Every one of my Martins have ebony boards except the D-15M, that one is rosewood. 

• Like 1