Gibson Brands Forums

So, what is your #1 guitar?

Guitar God

10 hours ago, Karloff said:

beautiful

Thank You.  It is 25 this year.  Needs a re-fret, needs a nut, neither of which I will ever do, I will take it out until it just doesn't function right, then I'll retire it to a stand and just enjoy it.  If the headstock doesn't fly off.  All chewed up from cymbal hitting, and a really bad Grover installation by a 37 year old me.

However.

When I saw your Thinline, it definitely moved quite a bit.  Very, VERY nice guitar.  What is that thing?

rct

7 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You got some double stacked SD's on those?

Those are Duncan Customme Shoppe.  Pearly Gates Strat Neck, Pearly Gates Tele Bridge.  They've been in there for a couple years now, I really dig 'em.

rct

On 3/17/2022 at 9:06 AM, Dave in SC said:

The one I play the most is an old Fender F-250 I bought in 1982.  My best guitar is a 1974 Les Paul 20th Anniversary which I bought in 1976...but I don't play it anymore.  My favorite is likely to be the guitar whose headstock is pictured in my profile pic - a J45 Deluxe which is due to arrive TOMORROW! 

It's here!  It's great, I'm happy happy :D

small git.jpg

• Like 6

My favorite seems to constantly change, Currently it's the L00 shown on the right but I seem to keep going back to the LG1 shown below. Electric-wise it's either my Gibson Country Gentleman or Fender Tele Select.

Custom L0042 LG1Tele

F hole

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Californiaman said:

Wonder why my photos don't come out.

Because there has to be a ".jpg" suffix to the URL.
You entered it correctly, the forum software cut it away for some reason.

I think you can correct this error, and change the links by using the "CHAIN" symbol at the top of the editor.

Or, use Shift-Ctrl-V (=Paste as plain text) to embed the image into the forum directly.

i0BfzOul.jpg

KKzHGskl.jpg

Beautiful guitars!

Edited by OrdinaryNimda
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Californiaman said:

Wow!!!!

Chris, those are some fine looking guitars.  That 59 is killer!!!

I've never played a nighthawk, but those look pretty versatile.  Is that gold foil pickup model or a mini humbucker?

The neck is a mini-hum just like the Firebird, the middle is a single-coil, and the bridge obviously a full-size hum, but slanted of course.  It's like the Gibson-Fender.  25.5" scale.  @mihcmac knows about these.  He has a Blueshawk. 

On 3/17/2022 at 12:05 PM, merciful-evans said:

This one. Ric 650 Colorado. 

Why? Its sound is the main one. Those are mini-humbuckers (not the toaster ones that give the characteristic jangle sound). These sound more like P90s I'd say. 

Its a through neck, so resembles a Firebird type build. Its also the reason for the mini HBs, like the Firebird. I get unfettered access to the 24th fret. A big reason its my favourite is the extra wide neck. Its 1.75" inches at the nut. That allows me to do more stuff. I find narrow can necks inhibit certain techniques. 

I also like the look of the cresting wave upper horn.

nwKuBpH.jpg

CytuY6T.jpg

I have another 650. An older Dakota. Its more comfortable, feels nicer and is lighter than the Colorado (which is all maple), but there's still something about this one that keeps it at no: #1

Such a sweet guitar!  A local music store had one of these in several years ago, but in a greenish color. It was an amazing guitar! I loved it! I regret not brining it home. 

• Like 1