Gibson Brands Forums

how do you rate my guitars, can you help ?

marco mancini

prs custom 24  (97)                                                                               in honour of the great ED KING  (rip)  who used  it when he was back  with skynyrd in 1991 

gibson firebird III 1964  reissue custom shop (16)                               coming from  california        ALLEN COLLINS and JOE BONAMASSA  the culprits  of this purchase 

Squier Stratocaster  60 vibe   (21 )                                                set up professionally  !   better than  a fender  professional II  😕                  SWEET HOME ALABAMA  is  what comes to mind when i played it 

Gibson les Paul  special     (19)                                           simple raw   and cheap with a couple o  P90  withouth strings attached                    DON BARNES   of 38 special  inspired me  to pick it up

Gibson Les Pul Standard   (21)                        just traded in   the fende  american professional II  for this  machine   and was the perfect choice          the Great  GARY ROSSINGTON  was  the author of this choice 

Gibson  firebird   V        (17)                                             bought in japan  light   simple   and   made up  good   despite  what they said  in here            i mainly used it  to preserve  the custom shop 

ciao a tutti ! 

https://ibb.co/2dyC2pC

What do you want help with?

Its not for us to rate your guitars.. All that matters is what you think.

I dont like Fenders mostly cos of the fretboard radius... And I have never felt the need for a PRS as I love the guitars I already have and I often dont like their looks so much.. 

None of it is right or wrong. Just personal taste which is different for everyone..

Just play and enjoy them dude.

• Like 1

If you're looking for us to affirm your choices,  we can't.   If you love em, and enjoy playing them, that's really all that matters.

12 hours ago, rct said:

No Fender?

Fail.

rct

well he DID say Squire Strat,... so --- :-k

Thanks  to our  American friends  that  have made up  these magical instruments for us to enjoy  , thanks to our American friends  of having spread  blues , rock , jazz , country   all over the world  and thanks  to have given birth  to  the greatest  rock n roll bands   which made me pick up the guitar   LYNYRD SKYNYRD  , ATLANTA RHYTHM  SECTION and  38 SPECIAL .Mr. RONNIE VAN ZANT  would have to be put  along side   the likes  of  DAVID BOWIE , JIM MORRISON , and FREDDIE MERCURY    and  keep his memory alive   for  his talent ,and  art ,  all over the world .

ciao ragazzi ! 

• 3 months later...
On 6/27/2022 at 11:10 AM, merciful-evans said:

I'm sure they are all fine instruments Marco

They look good

IMG20220305152055.jpg

Nice collection! You know a real guitar guy when his collection includes two nearly identical "rare" guitars; one with a "hard tail" and the other with a trem.!