Gibson Brands Forums

Ticket Prices

Sgt. Pepper

I guess back when I was saying Macca's prices were ridiculous at over $400 for tix. Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce Mr. Working-class Musician is charging $4,000. Yeah, I did not type that wrong, $4000 for some tix. 

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/bruce-springteen-ticketmaster-ticket-prices-rise-thousands-dynamic-pricing-1235321657/amp/

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

10 minutes ago, nhwildbill said:

The whole “dynamic pricing” thing is annoying and a BS way of doing business.

Ticketmaster still up to their old tricks of screwing the fans.

You can't tell me he doesn't know they are doing or getting a cut from it. 

If tix are $4000 in one section and that section has just 200 seats in it, do the math.  Ok I'll do it for you that is $800,000.  That is just for 200 seats, in a 20,0000 seat arena. Of course not all seats are 4k. Don't we all love Capitalism.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

If tix are $4000 in one section and that section has just 200 seats in it, do the math.  Ok I'll do it for you that is $800,000.  That is just for 200 seats, in a 20,0000 seat arena. Of course not all seats are 4k. Don't we all love Capitalism.

True, never said BRUUUUUUUUCE doesn't know about it or profit from it. 

But, I've gone to a lot of shows this year and the whole "dynamic pricing" thing is a Ticketmaster get richer scheme.
If you buy tickets early to get the best seats you may pay a lot more than the seats around you not selling as fast, the price fluctuates up and down based on their models.

Pisses me off when I see I paid more than the seats a row behind me a few week or days later.

But we agree that Brucie left his working class left his roots behind many years back, he's a superstar - too good to tell the Rock Hall of Flame to go screw if they didn't induct the band with him 15 years ago.  Without them he'd probably still be playing little bars.

10 hours ago, nhwildbill said:

True, never said BRUUUUUUUUCE doesn't know about it or profit from it. 

But, I've gone to a lot of shows this year and the whole "dynamic pricing" thing is a Ticketmaster get richer scheme.
If you buy tickets early to get the best seats you may pay a lot more than the seats around you not selling as fast, the price fluctuates up and down based on their models.

Pisses me off when I see I paid more than the seats a row behind me a few week or days later.

But we agree that Brucie left his working class left his roots behind many years back, he's a superstar - too good to tell the Rock Hall of Flame to go screw if they didn't induct the band with him 15 years ago.  Without them he'd probably still be playing little bars.

Yeah but The E Street Band got in on their own. I can't take Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuce any more and the last decent thing he did was Darkness On The Edge Of Town. Fuk Born To Run and Born In The USA, and The River. All used NJ White Castle dumpster trash.

Nowadays instead of writing a song like Born In The USA it would be "The Only Things That Are Right Are What Me And Neil Say".

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

one of my wifes co-workers was all excited b/c they got tickets for springsteen

$2k for 2 tickets.

my comment was "what???????  are they frikken crazy???"

about Bruce, apparently YES     they paid that out without flinching..  

Putting $2k into my house would make me feel better. Even paying $2k for a vacation might be warranted because vacation isn’t cheap anymore. But for a couple hours… Bruce’s music also sucks. He sounds like an angry drunk blathering his crap into the mic. Sorry Bruce fans, I think he’s a piece of work. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

Putting $2k into my house would make me feel better. Even paying $2k for a vacation might be warranted because vacation isn’t cheap anymore. But for a couple hours… Bruce’s music also sucks. He sounds like an angry drunk blathering his crap into the mic. Sorry Bruce fans, I think he’s a piece of work. 

$2k is insane AFAIC.

3 hours ago, ksdaddy said:

We drove down to NH and saw Steve Miller and Jimmy Vaughn last night. We’ve turned it into a 3 day mini vacation. My wife bought the tickets. I have no idea what they cost. 

Probably not 4K.

On 7/22/2022 at 12:10 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Sure enough! The concert business will live and die on the interest of long time fans and their disposable income. I've seen just about everyone on my bucket list. Many like Macca, Beach Boys, Joel, Clapton, Elton, Chicago, multiple times. At 62 years I've no interest in spending my entertainment dollars to see them live again. 

That being said i don't have any issues with a legendary performer's ticket prices or the people that are eager to pay it.

Thankful that Bruuuuuuuuce's great great great great great grandkids will never have to worry about holes in the Jordans.

Gibson fans: “$4000 for concert tickets…wtf is wrong with people? [rolleyes]

Bruce fans: “$4000 for a few pound of painted timber with some metal and plastic bits attached…wtf is wrong with people? [rolleyes]

perspective [biggrin]

• Haha 1

On 7/24/2022 at 2:20 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I think I'd rather listen to Return To Forever - Romantic Warrior and eat a Stouffers Lasagna and save $7485.

You sure that Fusion won't spoil your appetite?  [wink]

Whitefang

26 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

You sure that Fusion won't spoil your appetite?  [wink]

Whitefang

I had that album years ago. I listened to it last year, and it was not as good as I remember it.

Maybe I should have chose Friday Night in SF. I don't think I have heard that since high school.

I can make 6 house payments and buy groceries or, I can have Al cook me dinner in NJ, and he shares his secret fusion lightning fast guitar  licks with me. Tough call.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 7/22/2022 at 11:57 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I guess back when I was saying Macca's prices were ridiculous at over $400 for tix. Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce Mr. Working-class Musician is charging $4,000. Yeah, I did not type that wrong, $4000 for some tix. 

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/bruce-springteen-ticketmaster-ticket-prices-rise-thousands-dynamic-pricing-1235321657/amp/

Mr. Springsteen will be the first performer when the old  Baltimore Civic Center reopens after renovation next year. Think I'll pass on tickets though.