Gibson Brands Forums

Kirk Hammett Greeny Standard production model

Pinch

3 hours ago, Pinch said:

They released another single. It sounds just like the last one, and the one before that. And so on. 

I'm amazed they can put out turd after turd for decades and people still buy tickets. 

No way any of their recorded music is as bad as the covers they play live. That’d be my main reason for not wanting to see them live

Well I got an email today from Music Zoo saying they had these in stock.

Clicked on the link to see how much they are......all out of stock which (I presume) means they have all SOLD. 

Tsk.    Have to make do with a KH Flying V......

[wink]

Edited by jdgm

On 4/6/2023 at 5:13 PM, Eracer_Team said:

@NighthawkChris actually it was Peter Green’s first.  Gary second 

It's funny when you think that Peter sold the real guitar to Gary for £100!

I think this is a little more palatable: Gibson | Kirk Hammett "Greeny” Les Paul Standard Greeny Burst

I know it's not the same but if I'd paid $60,000 or $20,000 for one of the Custom shop ones, I think I'd be feeling a little miffed about that.

16 hours ago, jdgm said:

Clicked on the link to see how much they are......all out of stock which (I presume) means they have all SOLD. 

Tsk.    Have to make do with a KH Flying V......

[wink]

Just get an ebony V and put some duct tape on the back. It'll probably play better.

Or even better, skip the duct tape.

On 4/11/2023 at 3:04 PM, jdgm said:

it's true

there is a sucker born every minute.

I got my Greeny standard today from GC and this guitar was worth the money I paid for it.  It has a nice flame top and weights in at 8.6lbs, with some nice case candy.  I wonder how many of these guitars will be built.  Most of the dealers on the web that advertised that they had these guitars, are already sold out.  So this guitar seems to be the must have at the moment.  This guitar I got has a nice dark rosewood fretboard and the neck is chunky and feels goods in my hands.  If you are able to get your hands on one of these guitars, you might probably want to purchase it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, motorcitychick said:

I got my Greeny standard today from GC and this guitar was worth the money I paid for it.  It has a nice flame top and weights in at 8.6lbs, with some nice case candy.  I wonder how many of these guitars will be built.  Most of the dealers on the web that advertised that they had these guitars, are already sold out.  So this guitar seems to be the must have at the moment.  This guitar I got has a nice dark rosewood fretboard and the neck is chunky and feels goods in my hands.  If you are able to get your hands on one of these guitars, you might probably want to purchase it.

Congrats, play long and prosper.  🖖

We love pics on this forum!!