Gibson Brands Forums

What's Your Current Go-To Coffee Rig?

I quit Mr. Coffee years ago when I had two of them fail within a year.... it's a beast to get up in the morning and have no coffee!

I use a Cuisinart now..... and since we remodeled the kitchen, the coffee maker now lives in the bar!

We keep a spare coffee maker in the motor home....so when one fails, I have a backup.

21 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I do a pour over thing and make one cup at at time.

Similar I think....?

Salter coffee grinder.  Pretty cheap but functional.

I always make filter coffee using a Melita  1 x 6 plastic filter holder and Rombouts size 4 filter papers.   The most important thing is to swirl the ground coffee around in the filter paper as its trickling through.  Water must be off the boil of course.   Don't usually bother to heat the milk if it's just for me :-$    I'd like a milk frother.  Used grounds go into the compost.

I can only have one (large) cup a day now; ten years ago I was taking a litre flask of strong java to work every day and it eventually gave me serious heart palpitations, contributing to my atrial fibrillation. 

My favourite beans ATM are Sumatra Mandheling and Monsoon Malabar.   Can't stand any instant coffee; horrible stuff. 

Edited by jdgm

6 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I don’t trust anyone that doesn’t drink coffee.

I wake up wide awake, so no need for caffeine. I tried quite a few times, years ago, just couldn't get into it. I have tried a couple bottles of Starsmucks mocha frap over the last few years, they were good, but I don't need another $5 a day habit, and 500 calories! 

13 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Keurig K-cup thingie.

It works.
Just have to de-calc it every few months.
😗
wnOrZwY.jpg.

When we opened a new factory a few years back, my office was next to Sales, and on the back side was Engineering.... Publications was on the same wing as me, but were down on the other side of the building.

They set up three coffee stations.... one in sales, one between my office and engineering and one in Publications.

They were all set up with Keurig machines but there was an actual coffee maker down in Publications.

I complained.... said I didn't want "Foo-foo" coffee.

So they set up a coffee station in my office.....I had great coffee each morning until I retired.  (now I have even better coffee every morning!).

For many years I ran through a couple of these Bunn 10 cup velocity brewers.

Velocity+Brew+10-Cup+Home+Coffee+Maker.j

After the 3rd one bought it, I now use the Bunn model on the far right of the picture in the OP.  However, I still use the pot from the model in my post.  And for a while I used one of these

L13120741.jpg

The Hamilton Beach "Brew Station".   As you can see(or not),  Once the coffee is made, there's no pot.  It's held in a reservoir until you press your cup against a release button and fill it that way.  Cool thing, but after a few years the reservoir cracked and it had to go.

Whitefang

I've been using this Rival Thermoperk because my auto-drip coffee maker died.

It was brand new in the box, never been used from my folk's basement, so gave it a try. I must say it makes really good coffee.

I prefer ground coffee to whole bean, there doesn't seem to be enough of a difference in taste to warrant the extra step of grinding it myself. Plus it seemed like I had to use a lot more coffee in the pot when grinding myself.

PXL_20230711_162436331

I'm also hanging onto this old Corning Ware 12 cup electric percolator for old times sake(been in the family for many moons)

vtg_corning_p-23-ep_with_new_cord_002.JP

And this Corning Ware stove top percolator I kept in case of power outage emergencies..  But now that I have a Generac, I just might keep it for kicks.

Corning_Ware_Cornflower_9_cup_percolator

Sepiatone

15 hours ago, Whitefang said:

I'm also hanging onto this old Corning Ware 12 cup electric percolator for old times sake(been in the family for many moons)

vtg_corning_p-23-ep_with_new_cord_002.JP

And this Corning Ware stove top percolator I kept in case of power outage emergencies..  But now that I have a Generac, I just might keep it for kicks.

Corning_Ware_Cornflower_9_cup_percolator

Sepiatone

Classic.........

20 hours ago, Whitefang said:

I'm also hanging onto this old Corning Ware

My wife has been buying/hoarding old U.S.A. made Corning Ware from yard sales, junk stores, ect., for many years. Gives items for gifts and such,

She's researched it and swears it's some of the best cookware ever made.

• Like 1