Gibson Brands Forums

New Guns N Roses track

Rabs

51 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

A very exciting visual feast, that video!

But I'm with you on the song.
It did not grab me.

😐

For such a big band with such a history and it being so long since they released anything, I was expecting better.

Even Slash's own band have better riffs and solos than this. Just not that rocking for a hard rock band.. Didnt hate it mind you. Just a bit nothingy.  

Never really cared for them. I remember not being able to escape hearing Sweet Child every half hour. It got old. Paradise City I loathed. They had a few good ones. The double album single album thing was spread to thin. Never saw them and I’m just fine with that.

21 minutes ago, tx-ogre said:

I’ve never been a big G N’R fan.  This new music isn’t changing my opinion.

Axe Pose is a clown.

Man I hope the don’t record a whole album for a cash grab. They will.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Axe Pose is a clown.

Man I hope the don’t record a whole album for a cash grab. They will.

They will if they follow the Gene Simmons theory of maximizing profits.  Anything for a buck.

Dang, looks like they finally got Izzy back.

I remember Axl saying that he thought Erica Everly and Stephanie Seymour were sisters in a previous life that conspired to screw him over in this life 😆

He was definitely a little nuts, maybe he's matured some.

9 hours ago, Narwhal6 said:

Dang, looks like they finally got Izzy back.

I remember Axl saying that he thought Erica Everly and Stephanie Seymour were sisters in a previous life that conspired to screw him over in this life 😆

He was definitely a little nuts, maybe he's matured some.

Thats not Izzy..  His name is Richard Fortus.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rabs said:

Thats not Izzy..  His name is Richard Fortus.

Indeed. I've seen videos of Richard playing outside of GnR and I really liked his style. GnR actually had some awesome guitarists over the years but relatively few people noticed them amongst all the bs that went with the band.

5 hours ago, Pinch said:

It's an old song that didn't make the cut on "Chinese democracy". "Meh" about sums it up.

C D was a poo burrito smothered in diarrhea sauce. Just stop you guys, your last century’s news. Who cares about them anymore? Slash needs another LP sig model though. 14 aren’t enough.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Yeah not buying into the new stuff any time soon. I really liked the Use Your Illusion albums, but not too much out of that. I had a good time in 2021 at Comerica Park concert - were in good form to say the least. But I get it why people feel the way they do. I did not like the song @Rabs shared a YT link to. Won’t be catching me jamming to it. 

On 8/20/2023 at 4:25 PM, Dub-T-123 said:

I need to mature some too. Richard Fortus sounds like Latin for a guy who lifts weights with his hog

5 stars......LOLz!

[laugh]

Edited by jdgm

16 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

C D was a poo burrito smothered in diarrhea sauce. Just stop you guys, your last century’s news. Who cares about them anymore? Slash needs another LP sig model though. 14 aren’t enough.

I would say the album's... fair. "There was a time" and "This I love" are pretty good songs. I just don't understand why he'd release it under the GNR monicker, but that's just me.

And a couple billion more people.

Edited by Pinch

19 hours ago, 'Scales said:

Indeed. I've seen videos of Richard playing outside of GnR and I really liked his style. GnR actually had some awesome guitarists over the years but relatively few people noticed them amongst all the bs that went with the band.

Really good player, both on lead and rhythm. I've watched a few rig-rundown type things with him, and he seems like a very cool guy, too.

Remains to be seen if they can put something good together. This business of releasing table scraps from the Chinese Democracy sessions is not doing them any good. It's not like they need the money either, so why sully the brand.

15 hours ago, Pinch said:

I would say the album's... fair. "There was a time" and "This I love" are pretty good songs. I just don't understand why he'd release it under the GNR monicker, but that's just me.

And a couple billion more people.

Here is why. Let's say The Rolling Stones announce today they are playing MSG. Tickets go in 2 hours. Mick Jagger announces he's going to play MSG and he sells 2000 tickets.  Same with Guns. Who wants an Axl Rose album, but call it G & R with who gives a toss who's on it an it sells a lot more that Axl Pose and A-sshats.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper