Gibson Brands Forums

Deleted Original Posting, to avoid any more ruckus

2 hours ago, bigtim said:

I wouldn't worry about it, telecasters are ugly anyway!!!

These 2 guitars are the same exact price on Sweetwater right now, both a steal IMO ($1,799.99):

Option1:ย  Gibson Les Paul Special - TV Yellow

226130094-front-large.jpg.auto.webp

Option 2:ย  Fender American Professional II Telecaster - Butterscotch Blonde with Maple Fingerboard

US23115349-front-large.jpg.auto.webp

I was really on the fence, but I ended up with the ugly Telecaster.ย  If it's good enough for ... [insert a million names]

My Wife doesn't want me to buy a Telecaster, she's happy for me to buy Gibson's but not Telecaster's, she says she doesn't want anything that ugly in the house.ย  I often wonder how I manage to get inย ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, sparquelito said:

For the entire month of March, apparently.

The reason?
Somebody believes that I posted something containing "overt politics."

Two things wrong with that.;

I have zero memory of posting anything even remotely political there.
and,
There is no avenue for appeal, clarification, anything.
I can't even click on a link to communicate with the officials there.
Nothing works, it's all frozen because I'm banned.
Don't even know which Moderator or Admin sunk me.

It's not a big deal, and I'm certainly not looking for any sympathy here.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced such a thing.

PS - The real irony is that, on the very day of the banning, I had just sold off my very last Telecaster.
Just never bonded with it for some reason.
I don't even own one at this moment.

On that topic, Note to self:ย 
God is real, and he's got a wicked sense of humor.

๐Ÿฅฒ

QzWJJ4c.jpg

ย 

30 days in the hole, huh? I've been banned here a lot. Join the banned guitar forum club.

Newcastle Brown - It can sure smack you down.

I their honor here is a Tele I owned. I actually bought all the parts and assembled this one. I wonder if it considered hand made. It was hand wired, cause I soldered it and not a robot. Neck Warmoth. Body American Fender Special or something like that, pups were Rio Grandes. I don't think they are around anymore. I put a switch in to have the hum become a single coil.

o2EYTiR.jpg

Here is one Fender made. It's a Highway One Model.

yhpNah0.jpg

Here is an American Standard Tele. Its got Rio Grandes in it too.ย 

tHAn2bP.jpg

This one I traded a Martin D-15M for. Its and Am. Std. too.

oDU46TN.jpg

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Luckily, I've disliked every Fedner I've played so they'll never get a chance to ban me.

The necks just feel weird to me and I seem to recall skinny little frets.

But but but Jimi played a Fender and he's the greatest.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

To answer the original question, yeah, I got put in FB jail once. ย Totally blindsided. ย Never knew what I said or did, if I said or did anything. ย I had to google to find out why FB wasnโ€™t working for me but was working for everyone else. ย Thatโ€™s when I learned this is a real thing. ย And Meta hosts a bunch of these public forums or they are modeled on Metaโ€™s hosting protocols. ย 

So, it may not have been an admin and you may not have actually said anything. ย It very well could have been someone else in the group targeted ย you and swatted/reported your comments. ย That triggers the hosting algorithm bot to shut down your account supposedly โ€œwhileโ€ it gets investigated. ย 

Trouble is large groups will just turn on the โ€œautoโ€ punishment that sets a certain length of time out if too many reports come in a short period. ย They never go back to check out the posts that got flagged. And, if you get repeatedly flagged when you are back in, the bot will ban you for life. ย I have a friend with a vindictive ex who was a victim. ย And yeah, there is no appeal.

And now, there are certain evil-doers out there who have weaponized this tactic to clear out groups of folks they feel threatened by, disagree with, or just plain dislike. ย My time out got lifted, and up til this place, I stopped posting in large or public facing forums (troll hunting grounds.) I once watched a small common interest community dedicated to a certain sensitive topic get wiped out by a target bot that just swatted everyone out of it, until it was the only one left parked on the group. Good thing about the internet, you can always start a new channel. ย But for the big ones, like Fender, and here, ย it would be like trying to haul friends off that bat-**** crazy bird.ย 

Sorry, it is harsh, especially when you have relationships with folks in there. ย 

Edited by PrairieDog
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Did you mention perhaps you were thinking about buying a Taylor? That gets most banned except on a Taylor forum.

Hey now! ๐Ÿ˜„I have a used mahogany Taylor mini on the way as a present for a certain someone. They really arenโ€™t bad little 400.00 ย geetars. ย 

• Like 1

hang your head in shame,ย  you must a done something sparkyย  you know what a trouble maker you can be....

ย 

LOL!ย  JK..ย ย \:D/

ย 

Edited by kidblast
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Iโ€™ve only been banned once from here. I called Duaneโ€™s Hofner project a hack jobย 

ย 

I still think he ruined that bass, but learned to hold back on sharing my opinions sometimes ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dub-T-123 said:

Iโ€™ve only been banned once from here. I called Duaneโ€™s Hofner project a hack jobย 

ย 

I still think he ruined that bass, but learned to hold back on sharing my opinions sometimes ๐Ÿ˜‰

That's not what I call him, but he was good for a ban or three of mine. He comes and throws his weight around, and then disappears for long periods of time. Probably working on another Fab 4 themed guitar or maybe a drum set.ย 

It appears that Steve's suspender on the side by the tailstop is not doing its job.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Upvote 1

I've never been banned from a forum. Not for lack of trying. But, if I was ever banned from any of the forums I haunt, it wouldn't matter to me. Just more free time away from the computer and doing something more rewarding.

4 minutes ago, gearbasher said:

I've never been banned from a forum. Not for lack of trying. But, if I was ever banned from any of the forums I haunt, it wouldn't matter to me. Just more free time away from the computer and doing something more rewarding.

Well what else am I gonna do at work - work?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Well what else am I gonna do at work - work?

Back in the last century during a hungry time, I was working as a traveling accountant for a temp agency. Long-term type fill ins, like if someone had to go on leave, or if something happened to their system and they needed someone to reconstruct or track down errors in their books. ย I did a good job, so the companies I got sent to would usually look for ways to keep me around, including hiring me on occasion. ย 

So I got placed at this giant corporation, sweet gig, but I was basically just filling a seat for the person who was out. ย Turns out they really didnโ€™t do very much, I could handle the work in just a few minutes every other day or so. ย So I spent my days mostly playing on the internet. ย 

When the gig is done, Iโ€™m having a kind of exit interview with the dept manager to review how the placement went. It turned out they tracked in real time what folks were doing on their computers (no, I didnโ€™t go to any naughty sites).

He pulls out a report that showed I spent nearly 70 percent of my time on the internet. ย I just nodded and asked if that was a problem, no one said I shouldnโ€™t? I also confirmed I had completed all the tasks that had come in, and hadnโ€™t overlooked anything. ย He agreed nothing was missed, work was excellent, yada yada. ย 

Then he started chatting and asking questions about how I liked the job/workflow/assignments, how did I turn things around so fast, etc. ย Not realizing where it was going, and thinking this was leading to the usual opportunity he was going to propose, I just naively answered, yet ready to politely decline the offer. ย But we just shook hands and said goodbye. ย 

I heard after I left that the poor schmo I was filling in for got canned.ย 

Edited by PrairieDog
  • Like 1

The owners of TDPRI are the same as those of Gretsch-Talk, The Gear Page and others. I got permanently banned from Gretsch-Talk without warning because I used the termย  "transgendered freak" in a sentence! I got banned from TDPRI for making a joke about tampon machines in the boys restroom in a high school. I guess the people who run those sites are very sensitive and frail.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, 10PoundLester said:

The owners of TDPRI are the same as those of Gretsch-Talk, The Gear Page and others. I got permanently banned from Gretsch-Talk without warning because I used the termย  "transgendered freak" in a sentence! I got banned from TDPRI for making a joke about tampon machines in the boys restroom in a high school. I guess the people who run those sites are very sensitive and frail.

We are assigned a sex the moment conception happens, but I think now its 6th grade is when they have "Chose your gender day". Don't go home and tell your parents this will be just our little secret.

Litter Boxes will be provided for those who chose they were cats.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1