Gibson Brands Forums

RIP Sis

jaxson50

Just nine months after my brother passed away, now my sister has joined him. Jeanette was such a survivor, such a strong person I think everyone who knew thought she would live forever, sadly she passed away Sunday, March 28 at the age of 65.

When Jeanette was two years old a drunk driver ran our father off the road, she was thrown out of the window (in 1948 cars did not have seat belts) the car came to rest on her little body crushing her pelvic bone, breaking both legs and rupturing many internal organs, at first the doctors said she wouldn't live through the night, the next day they said she would never leave the hospital, when she was discharged they said she would never walk, when she walked they said she would never have children. She proved them all wrong, she was a avid roller-skater, ran track and had three daughter's.

Everyone who knew Jeanette will remember her for the love she shared with the world, to say she had three daughters would be ignoring the forty plus foster children that called her mom, for many she was the only mother they ever knew. Later she and her first husband who was a Vietnam Veteran opened their home in Thousand Palms Cal. to the young Marines stationed at 29 Palms, a typical weekend would find sleeping bags on the floor elbow to elbow with Jeanette cooking up a storm. All of this while maintaining a career in banking. Even after she lost her husband to the effects of agent orange she maintained her home away from home for the young Marines.

She was diagnosed with lung cancer eight years ago and although she underwent successful treatment for it, she suffered with COPD for many years. The past eleven year were spent with her second husband Jim, together they built their dream home in the woods of Arkansas, a refuge for wild life. She never knew a stranger, she was always eager to help others, and she will always live in the many hearts she touched.

She was preceded in death by her first husband Otis, our father Jack, our mother Caroline and our brother Skipper. She is survived by three daughters, three sons in law, forty plus foster children, seven grand children, and one great grand child, myself and my wife, and innumerable friends who loved her and will always call her mom, or sis.

Hers was a life well lived.

RIP Sissy.....

I rarely, almost never post anymore. Most things written are so redundant and border on juvenile. But I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am for you loss. May you gain comfort from your memories of her and the fact that so many people care for you and wish you the best, including me.

Kelly

Oh, I'm so sorry Jaxson. [mad] What a stellar human being she was. Think of how many people were affected positively by her presence. I'd like to think that the good deeds she did for all those people will be like a ripple in a pond, and carry on for a long long time.

My sympathies to you and yours. I know what you're going through, my Dad passed last October, and I'm still going through the "empty space" thing right now, she sounds like a hell of a gal.

Jaxson,

thanks for sharing such wonderful insights about such a wonderful person. Your sister truly was a remarkable woman. Not too many people can say they know someone who has lived such a full and productive life, while at the same time overcoming the obstacles she faced.

Thanks for honoring us with a beautiful obit for woman of such high character.

God bless you and your family at this time.

Archived