Gibson Brands Forums

Let me introduce my little friend (NGD)

Silverbursted

I got home yesterday afternoon and had a large box waiting for me. We all love seeing those. It's like Christmas, wrapping paper and shipping peanuts everywhere just to get to the prize inside.

So ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce the latest addition to the Silverbursted family.

A 2007 Taylor 654ce acoustic 12 string

taylor_9511.jpg

taylor_9515.jpg

taylor_9547.jpg

taylor_9548.jpg

taylor_9582.jpg

taylor_9594.jpg

taylor_9603.jpg

taylor_9610.jpg

taylor_9641.jpg

taylor_9648.jpg

SB, you lucky dawg!

I love the 6-series Taylor!

615 has been on my short list since I sold my Rhode Island Guild acoustic 5 years ago...

You remember Jim (my BIG friend from Kansas) - he bought a 655 from Bob at Bizarre for his wife.

Looks just like yours.....

I love the balance they have, incredible guitars - especially when you consider the price.

SB' date=' you lucky dawg!

I love the 6-series Taylor!

615 has been on my short list since I sold my Rhode Island Guild acoustic 5 years ago...

You remember Jim (my BIG friend from Kansas) - he bought a 655 from Bob at Bizarre for his wife.

Looks just like yours.....

I love the balance they have, incredible guitars - especially when you consider the price.[/quote']

Thanks man. It was quite a journey, I spent moths playing different brands, including some really nice Martins and found I liked the feel and sound of the Taylor the best. Last week I played a 354ce and knew then and there that this was the one I wanted, but because I was on travel, I did not have a way to get it back home. So I went looking for one on eBay. Ended up finding this one for not too much more then a new 354. I know now I made the right choice. I did try the 355, but found the jumbo body too uncomfortable for playing while seated. But Jim is a big guy, that thing probably looks like a Ukulele in his hands.

Very sweet!

That's certainly a wonderful guitar. Played one last year.

What struck me most about it was the tonal presence. The guitar really resonated well.

When I worked in a music store some 18 years ago, my favorite acoustic that we had on display was an all koa Taylor; it beat the heck out of anything else we had including the Martins. That guitar just had a very rich and big sound that filled up the room. I never forgot about that one but, like some other guitars I drooled over in the store, I couldn't afford to buy them all.

Thanks man. It was quite a journey' date=' I spent moths playing different brands, including some really nice Martins and found I liked the feel and sound of the Taylor the best. Last week I played a 354ce and knew then and there that this was the one I wanted, but because I was on travel, I did not have a way to get it back home. So I went looking for one on eBay. Ended up finding this one for not too much more then a new 354. I know now I made the right choice. I did try the 355, but found the jumbo body too uncomfortable for playing while seated. But Jim is a big guy, that thing probably looks like a Ukulele in his hands.[/quote']

Don't know if you're a blues fan but the great Georgia bluesman Blind Willie McTell used a 12-string exclusively. And he was a very, very good player. Check him out if you get the chance.

Archived