Gibson Brands Forums

First album you bought/first album given to you...

Guest Gibson Lifestyle

Guest Gibson Lifestyle

We were at it again bright and early here in the Editorial Department at Gibson, discussing what each of our first albums were (me: Black Sabbath Master of Reality; Michael: Beatles Help; Bryan: U2 Achtung Baby; Andrew: Fleetwood Mac: English Rose).

Two questions:

What was the first album you ever bought with your own money?

What was the first album ever given to you by another? (Mine was Jackson Browne's Running on Empty.)

I cann't remember that far back, ha ha ha !!!! it was a Bealtes '45 . when they first came to America. The first i bought was CSN / Judy Blue eyes. I think. but i was given a lot of music when i was young . mostly classical ,

First Album bought for/given to me (by my Mom),

MeetTheBeatlesFirstAlbumbyParlaphon.jpg

First Album I bought...

IntroducingTheBeatlesalbumcoverVJRe.jpg

What can I say...it was 1964, I was a barely 14, "Beatlemaniac!!" But, as it turned out, they were very good "firsts,"

album wise. Although, I must say, I think the cover photo, on the VeeJay album is one of my least favorite group

photos, that I've seen, of The Beatles. ;>b

CB

Best that I can recall, the first album I bought was the Beatles "Let It Be". My older sisters had all the others but had moved on, so I had to but this one myself.

It wasn't really given to me, but when a friend turned me on to the Allman Brothers Fillmore East album, my outlook on music, AND guitar playing, was changed forever.

Q: What was the first album you ever bought with your own money?

A: 51eDqB-WXOL.jpg

Q: What was the first album ever given to you by another?

A: It was a long time between the two. Thank god for my friend Aaron who helped point me in the right direction.

5105C59MQPL._SS500_.jpg

The first cassete I ever bought was Jackyl's self titled album when I was in second grade. The first cassete ever given to me was a Def Leppard album, but I don't remember which one. It's kinda funny because I can't stand to listen to Def Leppard now, but when I was 7 years old I thought they were cool.

My first one wasn't an album, but an 8-track (remember those???) because it was on sale and my hand-me-down Soundesign stereo had an 8-track player.

UFO (Live 1979)

ufo.jpg

But I had lots of my older brother & sister's records to listen to from Sabbath, Alice Cooper and Uriah Heep but this UFO album was the first one I spent my small allowance on.

Archived