Gibson Brands Forums

If you own a strat

Andre S

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an American made Highway 1 Strat. I think that'a what she's called. She white with a rosewood fingerboard & came with a vintage style bridge. I have to run out & will try to post a picture tonight.

Craig

Limited edition American Deluxe Ash in Sienna Sunburst [don't know what was limited about it since I've seen a bazillion of 'em [confused] ]. I put Gilmour electronics and EMG pups in it that come in the Gilmour kit but went back to the Vintage Noiseless pups cuz the EMGs just took away too much classic Strat tone.

I love Strats!

My '57 Reissue (modified with custom Don Mare pickups, Callaham trem block, Suhr noiseless backplate). It's the guitar on the left. :D :

stratlp.jpg

I also own a MIM Standard. It's an okay guitar but the '57 kicks it's ass from here to next Tuesday.

As long as we're talking about Fenders, here's my '52 Reissue Tele (modified with treble bleed and B/B+N/N switching):

tele1.jpg

I've got a 2008 AmStd. I' ve modded it with a Callaham trem block, a bone nut, a RS Guitarworks .022 Guitarcap, and a Rumplestiltskin 11.5k bridge pickup with a Tele-style base plate. Hands down the best Strat I've ever owned, and I've been playing 'em since the early 80's. I definitely agree with everyone who says that the 2008 and later Strats are some of the best that Fender has ever put out.

2008AmStdStrat-02.jpg

I also love how in a hour or less you can completely change your guitar's character. Here it is with a bridge Humbucker, but I've had it with two humbucker, two SD Phat Cats, etc...

2008AmStdBlkPGsm.jpg

It's a shame it sits in its case since I "discovered" SGs. [blush]

Since I gave my daughter my 67 Strat.. I think it's time to build another. I have tons of parts and a perfect 70 three hole burst body. I have several sets of pickups from the late 60s..70s.

Now..need to decide on neck.. Probably Maple..as all my other guitars are rosewood or ebony.

Need a Strat to fill out the sounds..

Archived