Gibson Brands Forums

Where do you hound-dogs live?????

onewilyfool

Hi Ya'll,

I live in Des Moines, IA and am getting back into playing again ( and guitar collecting too :rolleyes:). I don't and never have done any public playing, just for my own entertainment/enjoyment I guess. I hope to learn & develop more skills and learn to play some bluegrass music to go with my old classic playlist (Like The Beatles, Neil Young, Grateful Dead, & CCR to name some favorites) Spent many great summers visiting kin folk in Clarksville TN & fell in love w/ Bluegrass at a young age.

Other passions are my Harley's and going on long bike camping trips. Really poking along and seeing the back roads, scenery & wonderful folks in this great nation we need to preserve.

Just received my new Gibson 1962 Reissue J-160E and love it. Have Fender, Guild, Epiphone & Gibson guitars in the collection and am just a fair Rhythm player. Having a great time [biggrin] Best wishes to us all for the new year. Hope it goes like gangbusters & I'll sell my Audio/Video Custom design-build technology store and move to New Mexico & Wy. YeeeHawww.

Aster

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have lived in North San Antonio on and off for the past ten years... About a mile from the John T.Flores Country Store of Willie Nelson fame, and less than two hours from Austin. Lived in North Carolina a couple of times - my second favorite state! Also, Waco, Houston, New England, Miami and New York. And compliments of the Navy - Norfolk, Key West and Jacksonville Beach aka Mayport. Musicality struck me during the folk revival invasion of Long Island from Greenwich Village.

Have lived in North San Antonio on and off for the past ten years... About a mile from the John T.Flores Country Store of Willie Nelson fame, and less than two hours from Austin. Lived in North Carolina a couple of times - my second favorite state! Also, Waco, Houston, New England, Miami and New York. And compliments of the Navy - Norfolk, Key West and Jacksonville Beach aka Mayport. Musicality struck me during the folk revival invasion of Long Island from Greenwich Village.

I recall when we had a factory in Hillsboro, (north of Waco). You couldn't swing a dead cat there without hitting a signed pic of Willie!

Representing the Netherlands as I live in utrecht, some 40kms to the south of amsterdam.

I really want to visit Amsterdam some day, the architecture, the music and I dream about giggling like a maniac, as i trawl from cafe to cafe LMAO!!!! msp_thumbup.gifmsp_biggrin.gif

Matt

In Hungary on the southern Great Plain, on the banks of the mighty blue Danube, where the last bridge before the Serbian border leads across the river. It's a place called Baja (not California), home of fine fish soup and bluegrass festivals. But I call Norfolk (England) home.

We live in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains about an hour below Lake Tahoe on a divide between the North and Middle forks of the American River. I cross this bridge twice a day on my commute back and forth to work in Auburn, Foresthill bridge is the third highest in the US at 730 feet

100_0866.jpg

This is our place. It was a bit hazy that day due to a fire burning up in the Nat. Forest.

house011.jpg

I'm in Lincoln, CA, about 30 miles NE of Sacramento - and looking to meet people that might like to play guitars!

If you are interested I am sending a PM with my email address...

E minor you have always been the mysterious one. Here, you sound like Captain Kurtz from Apocalypse Now and we need to send Martin Sheen to look for you !!!

He he he, don't need no Martin raid, he's already here, , , in 2 versions : D-35 and the hog Custom D-18. Apart from that you're right. Take 1/3 Captain Kurtz, 1/3 Last Tango in Paris and 1/3 Robinson Crusoe, then sprinkle things with a drop of Kafka and add a hint W.C. Fields pepper, that's about it.

Where Crusoe had his good body Friday, I keep a herd of loyal 6-strings, but don't worry - I can handle.

What a pleasant scene you walk yourself - sounds like a spot of peace and bliss. Some place to softly grow old.

It's pretty cool to see serious Gibson players here from all over the world. And so many from North Carolina...me too, Cashiers, about an hour's drive southwest of Asheville. A tiny village but I get to Atlanta a lot.

It's pretty cool to see serious Gibson players here from all over the world. And so many from North Carolina...me too, Cashiers, about an hour's drive southwest of Asheville. A tiny village but I get to Atlanta a lot.

Forth Worth? Cashiers? Now I know how you chaps can afford so many Gibsons...

Hmmm, strange I never lived in North Carolina. When I was younger and gainfully employed I lived just about every place else in the US and Europe. For the past 23 years I've called Rescue, CA (eight miles from where the CA gold rush started) home. The wife calls me a "closet guitar player" because for the most part no one has ever heard me play. She doesn't know about the three chord Friday night bar band, and I remember less. As I said before...this is the year I learn to play.

pschaafs, check out the thread titled Where's Wily, a few of us are getting together if the rain ever stops.

5891766879_4864466087.jpg

Never Sweat Jam 2011 002 by Rescue Canyon Man, on Flickr

5486788478_c5a8c66f61.jpg

The Stage disguised as a deck by Rescue Canyon Man, on Flickr

I really want to visit Amsterdam some day, the architecture, the music and I dream about giggling like a maniac, as i trawl from cafe to cafe LMAO!!!! msp_thumbup.gifmsp_biggrin.gif

Matt

Give me a notice when you will come over, then I can giggle along :D

Archived