Gibson Brands Forums

HELP GIBSON MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

bluesguitar65

My love of guitar and the love of guitars of my peers began long ago, probably before quite a few of you were born.

Old guy shakin his cane here, so you'd beter get in before the lock!

rct

ok mate fair enough ..sorry didnt mean to upset any one i have corrected the post..i am concerned how this will affect wood sourcing for all manufacturers ..we may end up all using carbon fiber fret boards .. [bored]

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok mate fair enough ..sorry didnt mean to upset any one i have corrected the post..i am concerned how this will affect wood sourcing for all manufacturers ..we may end up all using carbon fiber fret boards .. [smile]

No, no upset here, and no upset taken.

I can't say it enough, I have NO idea what any company is up to in the pursuit of profits. This company exists to make money, and for no other reason. They have made a lot from me. If they run it into the ground because of whatever they are doing then shame on them. My signature means nothing in the big picture, and neither does anyone elses.

People at least seem happy with their Rainsongs. I've tried a couple and liked them but have never owned one. I have used an Ovation Customme Legendde for a long time, it is carbon fiber back bowled, it makes me very happy as acoustics go.

So maybe we need to make guitars out of something else. I'm cool with that, but then, I'm down to three gibsons and 4 fenders these days, so I've had my share of awesome good woodness in my life.

Sign away all the petitions there are, it's cool with me. It just is no measure of guitar love. A good measure of guitar love would be the(in my opinion) best maker of mahogany bodied/maple capped/humbuckered guitars never getting in this position.

rct

thats it we are all different and perceive things in our unique way..its all relative that what makes life so interesting that we are all different and unique.. but at the risk of sounding corny we have freedom of speech and its good that we can speak freely here ..i respect every ones opinions and their right to say it..ok enough speech making haha..its cool to hear others views though [thumbup]

Signed, sealed and delivered also...

Why is there a law that forces more foreign labor? Buy the legal raw material's (Rosewood in this case) and let the labor be done in the USA. More work for American's. We do too much outsourcing as a country. That's a big part of our economy problem.

Sorry gang I believe there is truth to this event. Either knowingly or not I believe that the buyers at Gibson did purchase woods that are considered illegal. They did it a few years ago and claimed they did not know it was rare and endangered ebony. While its easy to say the Gvt or Big Brother is after me; there has to be proof and so far there is only one side of this story. I believe in Karma and this appears to be a pay back after years of forcing small mom and pops to pay their fees for guitars that just sat there. Also for all the flag wavers Henry has ya fooled, yeah its a American Company that imports all its parts for these guitars.

The only thing that was questionable about that scene was weapons drawn at Gibson; the rest is to be decided once the other side of the story is released. I personally believe that Gibson knowingly broke the law and Henry is doing his best to make every penny possible out of what will turn out to be a media nightmare once the dust settles and they are proven wrong in this situation.

Guilty until proven innocent eh?

Yes you can. I've signed and I'm in the UK.

Once you open the link (as posted above), you fill in your name and address. There's an 'Outside USA' box/option which, when clicked, brings up a list of countries. Canada is there : I checked for you.

P.

[woot] thatnks pip!

Sorry gang I believe there is truth to this event. Either knowingly or not I believe that the buyers at Gibson did purchase woods that are considered illegal. They did it a few years ago and claimed they did not know it was rare and endangered ebony. While its easy to say the Gvt or Big Brother is after me; there has to be proof and so far there is only one side of this story. I believe in Karma and this appears to be a pay back after years of forcing small mom and pops to pay their fees for guitars that just sat there. Also for all the flag wavers Henry has ya fooled, yeah its a American Company that imports all its parts for these guitars.

The only thing that was questionable about that scene was weapons drawn at Gibson; the rest is to be decided once the other side of the story is released. I personally believe that Gibson knowingly broke the law and Henry is doing his best to make every penny possible out of what will turn out to be a media nightmare once the dust settles and they are proven wrong in this situation.

Just supposing, it is true Gibson has done what they are accused of:

What about the rest? What about due process? What about taking years to find guilt? What about the harm to the business and the cost to the business?

Is any of that justified if they are guilty of something? Or should they be allowed a court case and corrected?

To me, I feel the government should have no right to damage an individual or a company in the process of an investigation. I believe we all have a right to be found guilty and given appropriate consequences upon being found to have done wrong, and the ability to correct it.

I see what is happening here as Gibson being punished because some have determined they have done wrong, and being made to pay a cost regardless of ability to prove or show guilt.

We need to remember this raid was not about wood but labour issues based on indian law not american law and a highly subjective interpretation of the lacey act by federal dept

What we got to remember that the wood in question would be totally legal according to INDIAN law if it was processed in india by indian labour..there has been NO american law compromised here..the federal dept chose to interpret the lacey act in this subjective manner and also quite possibly compromised 4th amendment rights in an excessive force during search, were guns necessary here these are people at work who are entitled to a safe workplace.

This would appear to be a vendetta arising from the feds failure to procure any charges or uphold any allegations from their 2009 raid it would appear to be an infantile unprofessional vendetta against an organisation that has not been proven to do any thing wrong..furthermore the situation has probably been instigated by the feds concern over a middle man importer not gibson but once again there has been only innuendo and speculation here as nothing has been proven in all this time

It is important to remember the justice system DOES assume innocence till proven guilty ...and to this point there has been nothing done as far as being proven guilty. there has been harassment and compromised fourth amendment issues by excessive force during the armed raids

This recent raid has been over LABOUR issues NOT wood..coming from a highly subjective interpretation of the lacey act..it appears more for bullying and intimidation rather than protecting indian law or those indian workers and industry it is setup to protect..it is by interpretation of the indian law not concerned with wood legality but labour issues

I feel sorry for american workers here this a dreadful state of affairs coming from your own government in a time where american industry need all the help they can get

No offence my american friends there is something really wrong happening in your country it is good that you speak up

Can anyone show me one bit of evidence that gibson has done anything wrong here? I have made an effort to find out more about this and have become quite concerned for where our society is happening..if these types of miscarriages of justice are going to happen here and be tolerated what else will end up happening in the future?

I agree with most of the posts stating that this "case" seems to be some type of vendetta by overly agressive Federal employees.

However, I do find it interesting that in this case, a highly politacal thread has been allowed get to 3 pages and still growing? :-k

I agree with most of the posts stating that this "case" seems to be some type of vendetta by overly agressive Federal employees.

However, I do find it interesting that in this case, a highly politacal thread has been allowed get to 3 pages and still growing? :-k

its probably just the situation normally politics in a guitar forum isnt to good but i guess there are concerned people here and to stop free discussion would be a mistake ..it is just unfortunate circumstance i think ..most people here would rather be discussing something else i imagine ..but what if there were no debate here at all? that would be even worse

Im all about signing this petition, but not all about the spam that has shown up in my inbox since then. Ive received email asking me to help ban facebook pages that talk about throwing bricks at sluts, among others. You're welcome for the signature, but spam is a funny way of repaying.

Im all about signing this petition, but not all about the spam that has shown up in my inbox since then. Ive received email asking me to help ban facebook pages that talk about throwing bricks at sluts, among others. You're welcome for the signature, but spam is a funny way of repaying.

sorry to hear that..that sucks for sure i didnt have that problem..it is part of the reason i like this forum as its pretty cool and doesnt have alot of that web trash that we are used to ..i find facebook a bit challenging at times like this..i havent had spam from it but i suppose you can just mark the email as spam it is a pity that you got that :(

I am signing it, no charges pressed in two years and Gibson is the only company being raided?

If we are going to enforce the Lacey Act lets enforce it on every company, not just one, and that goes for companies that make guitars overseas especially. Do you think they are attaching to the Lacey Act on guitars made in China, Korea, Indonesia and Japan?

I say if you are going to be selling a guitar in the US made anywhere prove where the wood comes from and follow the law.

yeah exactly do you see this type of investigation on all the fakes out there that seem to be swallowing the market making life hell for us? if they were fair dinkum they would be making a genuine effort to stop all the fakes and not be damaging a solid american company in a time of economic uncertainty.. i am no expert in american politics but i have been very disappointed with Obama i really believed he was good man but to see this happening in his term worries me ..its not cool so in a guitar forum i will discuss politics as well as other areas of music and life

Archived