Gibson Brands Forums

Norwegian Wood - my mom and me

heymisterk

This video is kinda special to me...

My mom has had cancer for 22 years, and 12(!) of them have been considered Stage Four. It has robbed my mom of the use of one arm, so her guitar, bass, and piano playing has been made impossible.

But this afternoon as we were sharing a beer, I asked if she could play the sitar part on her hammered dulcimer...and she could and did...with one arm. We practiced for 20 minutes, shared a beer, and created this. Thank you for watching!

This forum is unfailingly kind, and I appreciate all the kind words.

I posted this about a year ago, but when my mom lost the function in her arm, she gave me this:

IMG_1141.jpg

Her 1964 Kalamazoo-made Epiphone "Bard" 12 string...sounds heavenly. She bought it used in 1966. I would treasure it regardless, but considering how and why I got it, it has such a special meaning. I plan to leave it to my children someday...

Sweetly done.

Thank you for the respect, compassion and presence that you contribute to your Mum. Those are the "gifts" a parent wants and it doesn't cost a dime.

I loved the duet, you're both so good! [thumbup]

That was beautiful; just beautiful. What wonderful music you have both made xxx I agree with Searcy - music is an amazing thing. I don't think I need to say more...

This forum is unfailingly kind, and I appreciate all the kind words.

I posted this about a year ago, but when my mom lost the function in her arm, she gave me this:

IMG_1141.jpg

Her 1964 Kalamazoo-made Epiphone "Bard" 12 string...sounds heavenly. She bought it used in 1966. I would treasure it regardless, but considering how and why I got it, it has such a special meaning. I plan to leave it to my children someday...

That guitar is beautiful!; what an instrument treasure. I am jealous :)

Matt

Archived