Gibson Brands Forums

The only band in the world

daveinspain

Ok, imagine you are in a ship wreck and you end up on a deserted island… Luckily washed up on shore with you is a mp3 player and a life time supply of batteries… If you could only have the total collection of music from one band to listen to, who would it be?

I would have to go with the Beatles… Their spectrum of music is so wide, going from simplistic, to complex, to mystical, I think would they would keep me entrained the longest…

What about you?

Ok, imagine you are in a ship wreck and you end up on a deserted island… Luckily washed up on shore with you is a mp3 player and a life time supply of batteries… If you could only have the total collection of music from one band to listen to, who would it be?

I would have to go with the Beatles… Their spectrum of music is so wide, going from simplistic, to complex, to mystical, I think would they would keep me entrained the longest…

What about you?

I had to really think on this for a minute, if they had a larger current catalog I would have to say these guys......

DEATH.

death-1165ac28f4259d4601d188d09c09b64bfda14fec.jpg

All over the spectrum from what's being call Proto Punk, To full blown Psychedelia.

They currently are working on a new album and the documentary chronicling their inception, rejection by the record co.'s, and their rediscovery By the Bassists son. Has garnered lots of recognition and a few independent awards.

It's available on Netflix.

If you haven't seen it I HIGHLY recommend it.

I'd have to say the beatles, and I don't listen to them that often anymore....just so much combined greatness.

BUT..........

If we ruled them out, I could do with Social Distortion, The Offspring, or Buddy Holly....lol.

NHTom

A friend of mine told me he had an extra ticket to a Cowboys concert, so I went with him. The opening band was Foghat. They played hit after hit after hit and drove the place wild. They played for 2 hours and the Cowboys only played for about 15 minutes, not wanting the follow them.

So Foghat, or Pink Floyd, but that Justin Bieber idea definitely has merit... [thumbup]

Archived