Gibson Brands Forums

You know you are getting old when........

Rabs

• 2 months later...

you realise you've been on the Gibson Lounge (a term which I now assume has creepy psychiatrist undertones) so long that when you started Rabs was in his thirties!!! (feck, that's a fifth of my life ago...) [scared] :-k

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, 'Scales said:

you realise you've been on the Gibson Lounge (a term which I now assume has creepy psychiatrist undertones) so long that when you started Rabs was in his thirties!!! (feck, that's a fifth of my life ago...) [scared] :-k

Ha, Damn..  Thats so true... I am old its confirmed ......

20 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

When you read the “Today's Birthdays” column in the newspaper, and don't recognize the names of anyone 45 or younger.

Notes ♫

There was a shooting at a bar that I used to hang out at  a while ago.  The victims were in their 30s/40s. In concern, I rapidly scanned the article for any names I recognized.  Then it struck me…anyone I knew would be 60/70. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by PrairieDog

When you walk into your local auto parts store and tell the young kid behind the counter (who is staring at his cell phone) that you need "Points" for your 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle, AND (with a befuddled expression), he replies, "What are Points?". 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Sheepdog1969 said:

When you walk into your local auto parts store and tell the young kid behind the counter (who is staring at his cell phone) that you need "Points" for your 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle, AND (with a befuddled expression), he replies, "What are Points?". 

Reply to myself: Bob Segar sang about "points".

"Points on her own, sitting way up high, way up firm and high"

Too bad Bob didn't mention how to check the coil. Thanks for nothing Bob!

Excuse me. I have to go out and yell at some kids who are walking across my lawn. Dollars to donuts, I bet none of those darn kids know what points or a coil is either!

Grumble, grumble, grumble.