Gibson Brands Forums

You know you are getting old when........

Rabs

On 11/13/2023 at 8:45 PM, Ceptorman said:

I'm glad you're here now, that's scary stuff for sure.

I was young, and an experiment back then. I actually went through it all because it helped medical science help so many others with cancer. They told me I would not survive. So  the good Lord proved the doctors wrong by helping me to survive. I tried to help lots of people going through cancer. I was in the hospital for a month and in intensive care for a week.  Our son thought I did die, I was gone for so long. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Visited the neighborhood I grew up in this summer.
Stopped by our former home to check on a tree I planted when I was about 6 years old. (I’m 66 now)

Don’t think anything I’ve ever seen made me feel older! wanted to just insert the picture and not bother you with the song it inspired but of course the file was too large.  Check out the picture at the end of the song! 
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Prosperous New Year. 
B.T. 
https://youtu.be/3gGK2cfolss?si=BlRtXlbXJePBHG8t

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, B.T. said:

Visited the neighborhood I grew up in this summer.
Stopped by our former home to check on a tree I planted when I was about 6 years old. (I’m 66 now)

Outstanding song and recording. Quite good, my friend.

On 12/12/2023 at 6:44 PM, MissouriPicker said:

You know you’re getting old when not being able to find a parking space near the door is enough to make you go back home.

I saw a news report yesterday that Gen Z'ers are too intimidated to order food from a menu and that email stress's them out.

No wonder the military can't meet its goals.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sparquelito said:

You know you are getting old when an attractive lady makes an overt pass at you at a Christmas party, and you think to yourself, "Nah. Not worth the trouble and complications. I'd better pass."

🥲

Or how about when you suddenly realize the good looking young gals in the car next to you are checking out your sons - not you....and now that I think about it, that was over 20 years ago.....

• Like 2