Gibson Brands Forums

What Other Forums Do You Visit?

Where else do you spend your time? Any other forums interest you?

This place is my #5 on my rotation of daily chat sites.

Not including banking, weather, and emails.....

1. WERA motorcycle roadracing

2. Klipsch audio 

3. DIY home improvement

4. AVS....Audio Visual Science

• Upvote 1

1. Gibson forums

2. tdpri Telecaster forum

3. My Les Paul forum

4. Strat Talk forum

5. Music Practice & Theory Stack Exchange

6. Talk Bass forum

There are two other forums where I am a moderator, and guitar valuations are a thing, but they are international and based out of Israel. 
Things being what they are, those two forums are about to shut down at the end of the month. 

🤔

• Like 1

OffsetGuitarForum.com - I’ve got Jazzmaster’s, Jag’s, Strat’s & Tele’s.

MartinGuitarForum.com I’ve got a D-35 & a D12-16GTE.

Beatgearcavernforum.com - I’m a big Beatles & British Invasion period fan. I play in a British Invasion period Band at times. I’ve got a selection Guitars for that period music.

When I got my latest PRS guitar, I made a profile on their Forums. I don't go on there too much. Most of the people there seem very cultishly devoted to everything PRS. 

Other than guitar, I go on a few Discord Servers. Mythvision and a small channel called Progressive Matters.  If I talked about either one of them any further, I would get the thread locked. 😃

12 minutes ago, saturn said:

When I got my latest PRS guitar, I made a profile on their Forums. I don't go on there too much. Most of the people there seem very cultishly devoted to everything PRS. 

Other than guitar, I go on a few Discord Servers. Mythvision and a small channel called Progressive Matters.  If I talked about either one of them any further, I would get the thread locked. 😃

yea, some of the PRS devotees are definately cork sniffers ... 

Here

My Les Paul

Strat Talk - not too often but they send trending emails so I check in if it's interesting. I still have my '87 '62 reissue that I got new but I know all I need to know about it. Five other Strats have come and gone in the ensuing years, along with 6 LP's. Over the last decade I've whittled the herd down to about 10 from over 35. My remaining Gibsons are a 2004 CS-336 and a 1969 ES-335. 

I used to go to the Gretsch Pages, The Ovation Fan Club, maybe a little on the TDPRI tele site. I’ve gone on the AGF a half dozen times.  I was a mod at a Seagull site but I think that’s dead now. 

I come here a few times a day just to check in.  Mostly don’t go on forums anymore. 

As an internet Luddite, except for research and locating rarities I wish to acquire, this is the only Forum I am a member of. 

As such, I was wondering if this Forum is considered Social Media??? As I do not do FB or Insta or X or whatever, I really don't know the diff.  I only created an Imgur account so I could post pics here. I don't even use Cloud Storage, (that's what 3 Terabyte portable storage devices are for), nor do I have a Smart phone, (Two desktop's, two laptops, and a good tablet with a 15" screen is enough computing power for me, and none of them have ever fallen out of my pocket and into the toilet!!! Plus, my eyes are to F-ed up to read anything on such a tiny screen. Heck, one of my laptops is running through my Big screen as I write  this, AND THAT SCREEN IS TOO SMALL!!!).

Are Forums Social Media?

(yes, I am that clueless!)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sheepdog1969 said:

As an internet Luddite, except for research and locating rarities I wish to acquire, this is the only Forum I am a member of. 

As such, I was wondering if this Forum is considered Social Media??? As I do not do FB or Insta or X or whatever, I really don't know the diff.  I only created an Imgur account so I could post pics here. I don't even use Cloud Storage, (that's what 3 Terabyte portable storage devices are for), nor do I have a Smart phone, (Two desktop's, two laptops, and a good tablet with a 15" screen is enough computing power for me, and none of them have ever fallen out of my pocket and into the toilet!!! Plus, my eyes are to F-ed up to read anything on such a tiny screen. Heck, one of my laptops is running through my Big screen as I write  this, AND THAT SCREEN IS TOO SMALL!!!).

Are Forums Social Media?

(yes, I am that clueless!)

Nod, yeah this counts.  It’s pretty low traffic, but anywhere you visit where folks post and chat through the internet is social media.  And boy, do I get you about the phone screens.  I have a 27 in screen at work that I still need to zoom sometimes, and here I’m usually on a regular 10” tablet that is zoomed way in, which is a ***** for typing posts, since it keeps jumping back and forth.  I have a cell phone but again, zoomed for text, and using the maps is useless, (anyone else notice you can zoom in on the map, but the street names and such still stay at the same 3pt font?? 😠)  and don’t even get me started trying to read messages on my smart watch.  I need to use those “codes” to access sites and I have to grab a pair of cheaters on my desk to decipher the gnats arranged on that screen.   

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

Oh, just the usual ones.

Naked female Gibson guitar players Lounge,

Guild Nudist Ladies Guitar Pickers,

Godiva's Martin Guitar Forum.

RBSinTo

Victoria's Secret Guitar Site?      Guild Goalies Anonymous?   Toronto Taylor Swifties?   

19 hours ago, Karloff said:

yea, some of the PRS devotees are definately cork sniffers ... 

Snap! (PRS forum experience). I had to quit after a while. 

I only really come here now.

I used to check in to the Fretboard, but cant even remember my login now. Haven't used Rickenbacker or PRS forums for years. I used SongStuff for ages and was a mod there when I was still working. All over now and largely forgotten. 

10 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Victoria's Secret Guitar Site?      Guild Goalies Anonymous?   Toronto Taylor Swifties?   

fyp.,

Nope. None of those three.

First one has far too much clothing.

Second one I'd be the only member.

Third one: who??????

RBSinTo 

• Haha 2

I have been a member of the ESP Guitars forum for many years and it used to be very active and entertaining.  But a few years ago it became a wasteland with little to no posting/participation anymore.

The Penthouse Forum

Dear Penthouse, 

You’re not gonna believe this, but stuff like this never happens to me. There I was in the hotel bar sipping my beer, when this woman walks in and sits next to me . . . 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 hours ago, tx-ogre said:

I have been a member of the ESP Guitars forum for many years and it used to be very active and entertaining.  But a few years ago it became a wasteland with little to no posting/participation anymore.

tx-ogre,

Well it's no wonder. 

Guitar players who have ESP already know what each other are thinking.

RBSinTo

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

tx-ogre,

Well it's no wonder. 

Guitar players who have ESP already know what each other are thinking.

RBSinTo

I’m not so sure about that.  I have a hard enough time keeping track of what I’m thinking without trying to guess what others are thinking.

Edited by tx-ogre
  • Haha 1