Gibson Brands Forums

Justice is served - ICE COLD

NeoConMan

California man killed by armed bird at cockfight

Feb. 7, 2011 Associated Press

DELANO, Calif. - A California man attending a cockfight has died after being stabbed in

the leg by a bird that had a knife attached to its own limb.

The Kern County coroner says 35-year-old Jose Luis Ochoa was declared dead at a hospital

about two hours after he suffered the injury in neighboring Tulare County on Jan. 30.

An autopsy concluded Ochoa died of an accidental "sharp force injury" to his right calf.

Sheriff's spokesman Ray Pruitt says it's unclear if a delay in seeking medical attention

contributed to Ochoa's death. Tulare officials are investigating, and no arrests were made

at the cockfight.

Cockfighting is a sport, illegal in the United States, in which specially bred roosters are

put into a ring and encouraged to fight until one is incapacitated or killed.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/02/07/20110207california-man-killed-by-armed-bird.html#ixzz1DKibxLVI

I've talked to cops, attorneys, and paramedics about this...

The "delay" could be attributed to a number of factors;

Illegal activity - nobody calls the cops. Just load him up and get hizass outta there.

By the time they realize how bad that guy was fxcked up, it may have been too late to save him.

Latino last name - in California there are millions of illegals and they almost NEVER call the cops.

You'd be amazed at the things they will handle among their own communities if 911 is not an option.

On violent crime scenes, the police will hold medical help back until they are sure it's under control.

If the bad guy dies in the meantime - oh, darn... [rolleyes]

No telling, eh?

Getting killed by a rooster - tell THAT to the grandchildren.... [flapper]

I've talked to cops, attorneys, and paramedics about this...

The "delay" could be attributed to a number of factors;

Illegal activity - nobody calls the cops. Just load him up and get hizass outta there.

By the time they realize how bad that guy was fxcked up, it may have been too late to save him.

Latino last name - in California there are millions of illegals and they almost NEVER call the cops.

You'd be amazed at the things they will handle among their own communities if 911 is not an option.

On violent crime scenes, the police will hold medical help back until they are sure it's under control.

If the bad guy dies in the meantime - oh, darn... [rolleyes]

No telling, eh?

Getting killed by a rooster - tell THAT to the grandchildren.... [flapper]

Christmas day 2000, I did the right thing and stopped a robbery at a 7-11 in a bad part of town....The robber was an illegal, the store clerk REFUSED to call 911 because she was illegal herself......True story.....

I'm a rooster now...........nuf said...

Yeah, life's a beech when you live on the wrong side of the law.

Your "friends" will not come to your aid because THEY might get caught.

"Ten years ago on a cold dark night

someone was killed 'neath the town hall light.

The ones who saw, they all agreed that the

slayer who ran looked a lot like me...

.. I said not a word, though it meant my life

For I'd been in the arms of my best friend's wife."

"Long Black Veil"

makes me sick that people can do such cruelty to animals...recently up in Alaska an owner killed 300 of his dogs because he couldn't "afford" them...he took target practice on 300 Alaskan Malamutes and Huskies...and bragged about how one was running away with its eyeball hanging from its socket before he blew it away with his rifle...I have an Alaskan Malamute and there the sweetest dogs ever, with such personality and for someone to do something like that, should be killed in the most painful way possible...Makes me want to puke..

makes me sick that people can do such cruelty to animals...recently up in Alaska an owner killed 300 of his dogs because he couldn't "afford" them...he took target practice on 300 Alaskan Malamutes and Huskies...and bragged about how one was running away with its eyeball hanging from its socket before he blew it away with his rifle...I have an Alaskan Malamute and there the sweetest dogs ever, with such personality and for someone to do something like that, should be killed in the most painful way possible...Makes me want to puke..

Worse, that guy deserves to live after being beaten and left with an eye hanging out. Why did he have 300 dogs in the first place?

Worse, that guy deserves to live after being beaten and left with an eye hanging out. Why did he have 300 dogs in the first place?

That is the cold harsh fact of breeding dogs. I know it is done in the deep south for hunting dogs, but not on such a large scale. Some dogs are just not good hunters and no one can afford to feed unusable dogs. They are usually dispatched as humanely and as privately as possible.

If this nitwit in Alaska bragged about having to dispatch 300 dogs in his dog factory, he was out of line to discuss it.

I suspect, like everything else, the market for malamutes, probably sled dogs, went bust and not enough people were buying, so the most humane thing to do with this many was to dispatch them. However, his methods leave a lot to be desired.

I know a bloodhound breeder/trainer in Texas who went to jail for shooting one of his own dogs.

All because of the knee-jerk bullsh!t of somebody who heard the story third-hand.

They had nothing to do with it - and were CERTAINLY not interested in taking in the dog themselves.

But by golly, they decided the OWNER had to pay - and reported him for animal cruelty.

Couple weeks later, the sheriff shows up with a warrant - they have no choice once the warrant is issued.

THAT is a problem for me...

Archived