Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

2 hours ago, Retired said:

Very nice collection of Epiphone guitars Mic.'  You have the same guitar rack I have too. Enjoy playing.  Hope you are as good at playing as Gregor Hilden.  Lol. 

Hmm a rack full of dreams, Gregor is pretty good, it is one thing to play well and totally another to be able to capture it on video..

Click here to see my final pic.... 59 style Wilshire

42 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

Hmm a rack full of dreams, Gregor is pretty good, it is one thing to play well and totally another to be able to capture it on video..

Click here to see my final pic.... 59 style Wilshire

Very nice. You know your way around a guitar much better than I.  I get nervous and hope I don't screw it up?  She is a beauty though. Thanks for sharing with us all. 

• Thanks 1

I went to the doctor.  She wants me to do the chemical peel on my head and my forearms and backs of my hands.  She told me I'd look pretty rough for a couple of weeks.  I told her I already look pretty rough - I don't need to look any rougher!

My arms are pretty hairy, and she said I'd have to shave my arms before starting the chem peel on my arms.

A couple of years back, I met my daughter, son-in-law, and 4 year old granddaughter at their place in the New Mexico mountains.  We were talking about the local wildlife,  and bears were mentioned.  My granddaughter said that my arms were hairy like a bear's.  I told her that this is America, and I have a right to bear arms.  She didn't get it.  My daughter and son-in-law just groaned.

• Like 1

What The Hell Did I Do Today?
(a poem)

What the hell did I do today?
I was supposed to fly, but I didn't
All our plans went astray
They guy I was supposed to fly with was bedridden

He wrenched his back, and was in a lot of pain
I felt bad for the guy, he's a good one
So we chalked it up to bad luck, and the rain
And we were better off in the long run

So I worked in the office and put out some fires
and I made plans for the next week
I gave a tour to the new hires
showed them the ropes, so to speak

I eventually logged-out and went home
plenty to do around here
I calculated a way to split the human genome
and then I sat down and drank a lot of beer

Okay, I'm gonna shut up now.
😑

Taking a break from work, waiting on a 10 pack of strings which is somewhere between Utah and my mail box.

I've been keeping a spreadsheet on COVID-19 cases since March and overnight PA increased by 42,884 cases.  Forty Two Thousand.  Holy ****.

Edited by SteveFord

Played the Wilshire outdoors today through my tube amp, it sounded incredible and I am really taken with the rolled C neck (whatever that means), I wish they released this guitar a long time ago.

eoXkiqG.jpg

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 2

I don't know if I mentioned this here or not.

A while back I was trying to buy a Firebird VII, I asked the guy if he'd accept a deposit and the remainder in a week or so and he jacked the price up $600 and then eventually jacked it up another $600 after that.  Needless to say, I didn't buy that one.

I found another one on Facebook and asked the guy if he'd ship as it would be a 6 hour round trip.  No shipping so I said I'll let him know on Thursday.

The next day he jacks the price up $100...

It must be my breath.

I don't think I'll bother pursuing any more Firebird VIIs, one is enough.

3 hours ago, SteveFord said:

A while back I was trying to buy a Firebird VII, I asked the guy if he'd accept a deposit and the remainder in a week or so and he jacked the price up $600 and then eventually jacked it up another $600 after that.  Needless to say, I didn't buy that one.

I found another one on Facebook and asked the guy if he'd ship as it would be a 6 hour round trip.  No shipping so I said I'll let him know on Thursday.

It must be my breath.

Usually I start a little higher so I can go down a bit and still make close to what I want. I guess they don't understand what selling means.

On 12/2/2020 at 11:46 PM, hummingbirdguy said:

Practiced guitar for a couple of hours, rage quit piano after half an hour since my fingers didn't want to cooperate then played around with a few picks that arrived in the mail over the last couple of days while learning Aint No Sunshine When She's Gone on Justinguitar

Justin Guitar is a good site. I'm on it but haven't been for a few months now. First song I learned on it was Stairway To Heaven.  Sunshine song your doing is another of my favorites, Rock On. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SteveFord said:

It must be my breath.

WTF!  Freakin people.  I might try for 1 more VII just because it is what it is, but I generally follow the rule of 1 time is luck, 2 times a coincidence, 3 times a pattern - so no more than 3.

12 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Damndest thing I ever saw.  

A lot of really nice guitars are coming up for sale these days so forget that thing.

There's a beautiful ES345 on eBay right now but these guys are going to bid it through the roof.

You own a BB King, Steve. I can't imaging it being too much better than that. We know we own / owned them. You owned the same one twice.

• Like 1

Just got back from doing my Wally World run, wanting to pickup my 339 and play it for while, but the Wilshire won again. This has been happening a lot lately, my new 339 has been getting lonely..

Not mention the dust collecting  on my others..

ktprbea.jpg

I don't think a 345 would be better than a Lucille.  Different but not better.  I always wanted one since I met a guy who had one when I was in my teens.  We'll see.

Strings finally showed up so stuck a Schaller roller bridge on the 2007 GOTW Explorer, hopefully that will help with the tuning stability. 

I was REALLY happy as the posts just dropped right into the Gibson bushings and the spacing was fine.  There's no way I'm reaming out the guitar for anything.

23 hours ago, Retired said:

Justin Guitar is a good site. I'm on it but haven't been for a few months now. First song I learned on it was Stairway To Heaven.  Sunshine song your doing is another of my favorites, Rock On. 

Thanks! He's pretty thorough from the videos I've gone through so far. Justin really is the MVP for making almost all his lessons available for free. I sing as well and figured it'd be a great (and relatively easy for a beginner) song to get into playing and singing simultaneously. Is Stairway to Heaven as popular a song to play as Wayne's World would suggest lol?