Gibson Brands Forums
Mr. Gibson

WTH did you do today?

Good job by Music Zoo. I know you  tend to have quite high humidity where you are, so it survived that ok.

The guitar I got last month was sent well set up (I know the seller well) but arrived needing a full set up anyway. Those postal depots where I live keep parcels overnight in the freezing cold. The seller didn't believe me at first, but I just happened to shoot an unboxing video of it & sent him the link. It clearly showed major string buzz all over.  

Last year I had a Ric delivered from Ireland, and the guitar was virtually frozen. That fared a little better.

46 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

Good job by Music Zoo. I know you  tend to have quite high humidity where you are, so it survived that ok.

The guitar I got last month was sent well set up (I know the seller well) but arrived needing a full set up anyway. Those postal depots where I live keep parcels overnight in the freezing cold. The seller didn't believe me at first, but I just happened to shoot an unboxing video of it & sent him the link. It clearly showed major string buzz all over.  

Last year I had a Ric delivered from Ireland, and the guitar was virtually frozen. That fared a little better.

Well shipping to the UK from NY possibly has a few variables that mine didn't have. So basically I bought both my 339 and the Wilshire from Music Zoo because they were the first  to have them in-stock ready for sale and with free shipping. Now it seems several online sellers have them, so you have a choice who you want to buy from.   🙂

Went back to work. I so far have 2 quarantines under my belt. I'm getting good at it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was surprised as I went out to become familiar with the new car. Tons of buttons and stuff to play with,  almost like a cockpit of a fighter jet Haha. I never had a Infotainment system before with all these gadgets on the steering wheel and dash. Anyway, Deb was playing with it in the passenger seat and was trying to figure it out when she accidentally programed it on this Sirius station.  Heart and Soul.  Has anyone listened to that before? It's my first of hearing it. Normally I can't stand Rap & would never even listen to it but it claims it is and does not sound like rap at all. Heart & Soul sounds more like soft slow easy listening that could relax you. Something between slow Blues & Jazz.  Anyway, I really liked it and may leave it programed on there. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Retired said:

I was surprised as I went out to become familiar with the new car. Tons of buttons and stuff to play with,  almost like a cockpit of a fighter jet Haha. 

Take care not to release the canopy or the drop tanks!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Retired said:

What does it look like unwrapped?

I don’t go that way, but I would say average.

15 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Take care not to release the canopy or the drop tanks!

It would be fun to have an ejection seat and a parachute, Haha. 

Practiced guitar for a couple of hours, rage quit piano after half an hour since my fingers didn't want to cooperate then played around with a few picks that arrived in the mail over the last couple of days while learning Aint No Sunshine When She's Gone on Justinguitar

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mihcmac said:

To see unwrapped click here.... My 59 Wilshire

Very nice collection of Epiphone guitars Mic.'  You have the same guitar rack I have too. Enjoy playing.  Hope you are as good at playing as Gregor Hilden.  Lol. 

Supported a 20 minute job yesterday that went from 3:30 pm to midnight yesterday, picked it up again at 8 am, and still going.  Love stupid people doing stupid things.

2 hours ago, Retired said:

Very nice collection of Epiphone guitars Mic.'  You have the same guitar rack I have too. Enjoy playing.  Hope you are as good at playing as Gregor Hilden.  Lol. 

Hmm a rack full of dreams, Gregor is pretty good, it is one thing to play well and totally another to be able to capture it on video..

Click here to see my final pic.... 59 style Wilshire

42 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

Hmm a rack full of dreams, Gregor is pretty good, it is one thing to play well and totally another to be able to capture it on video..

Click here to see my final pic.... 59 style Wilshire

Very nice. You know your way around a guitar much better than I.  I get nervous and hope I don't screw it up?  She is a beauty though. Thanks for sharing with us all. 

• Thanks 1

I went to the doctor.  She wants me to do the chemical peel on my head and my forearms and backs of my hands.  She told me I'd look pretty rough for a couple of weeks.  I told her I already look pretty rough - I don't need to look any rougher!

My arms are pretty hairy, and she said I'd have to shave my arms before starting the chem peel on my arms.

A couple of years back, I met my daughter, son-in-law, and 4 year old granddaughter at their place in the New Mexico mountains.  We were talking about the local wildlife,  and bears were mentioned.  My granddaughter said that my arms were hairy like a bear's.  I told her that this is America, and I have a right to bear arms.  She didn't get it.  My daughter and son-in-law just groaned.

• Like 1

What The Hell Did I Do Today?
(a poem)

What the hell did I do today?
I was supposed to fly, but I didn't
All our plans went astray
They guy I was supposed to fly with was bedridden

He wrenched his back, and was in a lot of pain
I felt bad for the guy, he's a good one
So we chalked it up to bad luck, and the rain
And we were better off in the long run

So I worked in the office and put out some fires
and I made plans for the next week
I gave a tour to the new hires
showed them the ropes, so to speak

I eventually logged-out and went home
plenty to do around here
I calculated a way to split the human genome
and then I sat down and drank a lot of beer

Okay, I'm gonna shut up now.
😑

Practiced the banjo.   Decided the 12 pounder will never work with a strap, having taken my left shoulder over a month to stop being a pain in the butt. 

Taking a break from work, waiting on a 10 pack of strings which is somewhere between Utah and my mail box.

I've been keeping a spreadsheet on COVID-19 cases since March and overnight PA increased by 42,884 cases.  Forty Two Thousand.  Holy ****.

Edited by SteveFord

Played the Wilshire outdoors today through my tube amp, it sounded incredible and I am really taken with the rolled C neck (whatever that means), I wish they released this guitar a long time ago.

eoXkiqG.jpg

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 2

Our son came over & programed our garage door to the new Ascent.  and spent the afternoon with the grandkids. 

I don't know if I mentioned this here or not.

A while back I was trying to buy a Firebird VII, I asked the guy if he'd accept a deposit and the remainder in a week or so and he jacked the price up $600 and then eventually jacked it up another $600 after that.  Needless to say, I didn't buy that one.

I found another one on Facebook and asked the guy if he'd ship as it would be a 6 hour round trip.  No shipping so I said I'll let him know on Thursday.

The next day he jacks the price up $100...

It must be my breath.

I don't think I'll bother pursuing any more Firebird VIIs, one is enough.

Raised the treble side of the bridge on my Tribute. Intonated.

Took a minute. 

Started adjusting pickup height to compensate. 

My estimate is I'll be done by New Year's. 

Same old same old.